Now we're getting somewhere

c5db81c601fdb78d6e677217db36476b.jpg
I'm just getting ready to test my resonance frequency adjuster to see if I can have the tunability of the barrel with the four screws I nstalled in the bipod mount with the screws i can move the barrel left or right and up or down pre loading the barrel to any spec i want or the bullets like more importantly! !! If this works all bullets will vibrate the barrel faster or slower depending on the weight of the bullet and powder charge etc.... i will be able to just have a 0 preload 0 movement I'm thinking if a can find this for each bullet the gun will not have this as a cry large factor in accuracy anymore doing a termendius amount for its diversity of ammo !!!! I will let you know the results when I'm done !!! One method of setting the resonator from bullet brand yo bullet brand is using a inch pound wrench to tell me what the set screws at set at for each manufacturer

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426373454588.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426373454588.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426373611648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426373611648.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 15
I really want to get a 10 round 1 MOA group at 50 yards... (.523") I am getting closer.... (.78"). One "poor" shot away....

IMG_0489.jpg

Well Tahoe dust if my barrel whip resonator inhibitor do sent work I'm taking 4 3/8" bars and bedding the barrel to the stock and fife glassing the full length rods from the volquartsen trigger and bolt group competition level to the end of the barrel then I'm putting 1 inch of long strand rear to front then wrap right to left again front to rear until it weighs 10 pound and barrel harmonics will not be able to budge a thing the action full of competition volquartsen parts with steel housing is bedded to so heavily I will have to destroy a Talo classic V stock to get it out 100 and 19 percent bedded then you will get your 10 rounds at 1 MOA group at 50 yards oh ya congratulations so far !!!! I go to rimfire and ruger forums and to my amazement they group at 500 yards I still have a hard time believing it but with my .920 barrel bedded and mini mags repetition is the key if the gun do sent move and I don't move it I should have it

In the days when standard velocity ammo was better than it has been lately, I've actually gotten better groups with CCI SV, SGB, and one lot of Mini-Mags in an older, standard-chambered Ruger 10-22 than I could get with Eley Black Box or Lapua Midas L.

Apparently, the match ammo didn't fit the chamber as well as the SV and HV ammo.

Conversely, match chambers always seem to like match ammo best in any match barrels I've tested.

The golden rule of .22LR ammo testing, is to test as many brands and batches as you can, then buy as much of the best-shooting ammo in your rifle as you can afford.

Two real sleeper rounds that I found shot well in most rifles: Fiocci Biathlon and ONE particular lot of CCI SGB (truncated cone bullets). Other SGB lots didn't shoot as well.

50yd 1/2 MOA

TAHOE......If you can find them, try some REM. .22 LR SUBSONIC HPs #47700 00520 in your 10-22. You just might find your BUGHOLE load for your rifle.

WILL.

I think you're having a good time, nearly everyone on a gun forum can put ten shots thru the same hole while standing on a basket ball... We are all sniper/counter snipers, experienced operators and security consultants. We have all had some sort of legal training and offer our expertise without being asked.... 9 out of 10 of us has taken down a charging bear with some sort of pistol. But no one here, I mean no one.. Will ever admit to missing that old water bottle three times in a row....

You probably are shooting better than most will admit... It is all about having fun and chasing that small group after all

Thanks. I am definitely having a good time with it. I think I found my RARs favorite ammo so far. I ordered some Wolf Match Target and have shot it twice now both with really nice results. Very consistent ammo and no real flyers.

Here is one group I shot today. Again 10rds at 50 yards off only a Harris bipod. No sandbags.

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

I live in rural So. Louisiana with lots of farmland...and a .22LR has to land somewhere down line (up to 1.25 miles). From La. Wildlife & Fisheries training, I know my target and what's behind it. So my 20 gauge Fox Savage side-by-side or 12 gauge Mossberg 3.5 Magnum Pump Turkey Cannon will do the trick and keep the nearby property owners happy.

.22 Ammo

Rick; Just finished re-reading your post (#31)RE: Mar.30-'15.

Can't quite put my thoughts around it, but; I've missed a helluva lot of bull's eyes over the yrs. 'til I got the notice [that] I was cross-eye dominant. After that I got pretty good and I hit what I aim at with damn-good accuracy.... If it's true, it ain't braggin'. I didn't start that, but it's true, Whoever did.

As for the 'bear' bit, I have never been charged by one, but I'll tell you this: When a friend and I were hunting some larger hogs on Ft. Benning some years back... and one he shot and hit a little too far back took out DIRECTLY towards me as I was sitting backed-up to a tree. I dumped 4 rounds of 300gr CPs @1295 FPS (chronoed) out of my Redhawk 7 1/2" as fast as I could--dead into his chest...before he took a nose dive about 22 ft. from my feet.

Scared? Hell Yeah. And I'm not ashamed to say [that] Ft. Benning probably still has some article of clothing of mine which I discarded at the scene that day and never made an attempt to recover.

As for the 10-22... With the right ammo, a solid rest, and a good trigger, ragged bug-hole results at 25-30 yds. are very possible.... 10 shots covered by a dime at 50 yds are too...I know, for a fact. Believe what you will.. Those who can't...., never will believe [that] it can be done.

WILL.

I have to yet actually shoot 1MOA. granted I have no .22's. I have come very close with .223, but still like 1 1/4 realistically, and that's only 5 shots, ten would likely see a much larger size. good shooting.

Back