Now here is a post I didnt think I would write - Restrooms and Handguns

I twirl it on my finger the whole time...... tricky with a "safe action" trigger, but it usually helps move things along.

In all honesty though, I carry pretty close to 6:00, so when I have to sit, I just kind of let it sit inside my pants pointing at the commode. I've never worried about people seeing it. But, now I probably will.
I tend to forget things - and don't particularly like playing around with my carry guns as they're all DAO without manual safeties - so I really don't like taking it out of my holster or off my person.

I'm really missing something here I guess.

If the stall goes really low, to where you can't see anything under it. It can stay in the holster. If it is about 1 foot of clearance from the ground..I know this sounds crazy. It's like fire and water. Also goes against my "within" arms reach of the gun at all times. But...

In the sink wrapped in paper until you're done to reholster. I know...crazy.. I for one, always wash my hands. So I'll know it's in there and won't forget it. 2 birds with one stone.

So I'm assuming that if the stall doesn't go all the way to the floor you're worried about someone seeing your gun hanging off your belt while you're sitting down. So instead you...

...leave it in the sink???

So I'm assuming that if the stall doesn't go all the way to the floor you're worried about someone seeing your gun hanging off your belt while you're sitting down. So instead you...

...leave it in the sink???

Worst case scenario.

Usually...honestly...I uh....drop it into my pants while I sit.

This topic really is a funny one.

I think I want a retention thumb break holster now -___-

If it is a #1, then the pistol is still inside of my belt, so no problem. If I have to go #2, then the weapon will be placed in between my ankles in my drawers. There is no way to forget about it there because if you pull up your drawers, and have a very uncomfortable feeling, that might remind you that you need to put something where it belongs.

You should need to handle your firearm when you holster it in the morning and when you put it away at night. In between, you shouldn't be messing with it unless you're about to USE it.
Ahh, if only I lived in a state where this was really possible. I worry most about discharging my firearm while un holstering in my vehicle before I enter a CPZ.

I agree on not using that holster if you need to un-holster to go to the restroom though.

Rule #1:
Avoid public restrooms. When available, a tree with smooth bark is preferred.

Back