Not broken in properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you in the "Browning sucks" camp or the "Brownings shoot great camp?" you have to choose one side or the other. Remember, the loser has to pay for the winner's new rifle. (I already see corporate sponsors stepping in).

Who is going to volunteer to shoot the Winchester, CZ, Remington, WBY, and any other brands? Remember, "Browning outshoots them all." Defenders of the other brand names will be needed as well.

Shoot 'em clamped in an accuracy cradle to eliminate human variables.

Does a governing body have to select the ammo used?

What's the course of fire?

You guys are asking me to think--and that gives me a headache!

Well, we're talking "common consumer utility rifle" if we're talkin large numbers that represent majority of weapons that are sold from the average gun-shop, right? I'm thinkin sporter barrel 22-24" with 3 x 9 scope in either 30-06 or 308 is likely the majority of that utility niche?

You guys have lots of experience shooting long range comps--but I don't think 1,000 yd precision shooters represent the majority of purchasers of these kinds of weapons. I'm guessing the majority of the guns are not used past 300 yds in the east (maybe more out west) by this "average slice."

I agree with Bart that inherent accuracy/precision needs to be tested--but handiness and ease to acquire is also a measure of a rifles utility "in the real world."

PS--I've never done a comp in case you haven't figured it out already. lol

No ammo criteria. Pet loads allowed. If a single ammo were required it would only prove that brand x outshoots brand y using ammo A. Mechanical cradle would be an excellent idea.n For course of fire, the faster and the more shots the better. Give the Browning more opportunity to demonstrate how well it strings as it heats up.;)Bart, you could shoot them and then we would not need a mechanical rest. I would venture to say that on your average day you would outshoot me on my best day.

Last edited:
reynolds357 asked:

Who is going to volunteer to shoot the Winchester, CZ, Remington, WBY, and any other brands? Remember, "Browning outshoots them all." Defenders of the other brand names will be needed as well.

I'll do Remington

I'll do low-end Savages, my budget limits me to axis and 111's--but I'm an old geezer with poor eye-sight. : ) I have to admit since I've never owned a Browning I'm sorely tempted to go out and get one, I love a challenge. There are lots of folks who believe Ruger's cold hammer forged barreled Americans can't shoot worth a darn compared to the superior button-rifled Savages--I bought an American just out of curiosity (being devoted to their revolvers) and think they are dang-well made and innovative for a budget-niche rifle. I've only managed .7sh MOA so far compared to sub .5 that I can get from a Savage at 100--but that's with factory ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back