Not a caliber war... Kinetic energy higher in 40 S&W

I don’t know much except mass x velocity, and any pistol round that can reach 500 foot pounds, with a good HP, is OK with me.

I learned some time ago that speed kills, so I like good a speedy HP.

Last edited:
44 AMP said:
"I'd say that very much depends on where the bullet goes and what it does after it exits your target."

+1

Such as when you're an arrogant movie star and your round goes through the slender female Cinematographer and then hits the Director standing behind her.

I was drug into 9mmdom kicking and screaming. I like it. I trust it. I also like the .40 S&W (Sorry Gaston but S&W deserves credit so it’s not .40 Caliber). I was an early adopter of the .40 in 1993.

I am on the backside of my fifth decade. Things don’t mean as much to me so I have paired down my firearms inventory. One of my sons has my Glock Gen. 3 23 and my Glock Gen. 4 22. But…..I still have my Glock Gen. 5 27.

I won’t speak to ballistics. I’d say your covered well with a 9mm or .40 S&W but there is something about the 27. They carry well and are versatile. If my business has me in a capacity restricted state, I have the standard 9-Rd factory mags in tow. If I am in my State, I keep a 15 round reload in the left front pocket and I am all set.

The 27 Gen. 5 is the first actual .40 S&W pistol Glock has offered versus the modified 9mm platforms of the Gen. 2, Gen. 3 and Gen. 4. It’s surprisingly easy to shoot with 180 grain fodder. To me, my Gen. 4 Glock 21 is harder to shoot accurately than the 27 and it has an excellent trigger and finish if that’s important too you.

Back