Northern Virginians... I think we need a celebratory shoot!

If we're still talking about the NRA Range, it's 50yds long with computerized target controls. There are 12 lanes. It is brightly lit and properly ventilated. A very nice range. Handloads are fine. I've shot many of my own there.

Chris

Range fees are:

NRA Member $12.00 per hour
Non Member $15.00 per hour
Member sharing a lane $8.00 per hour.

The museum is free:D
Parking is free:D

What more can you want?

You even get to have dinner with Mike Irwin :eek:

May have even gotten one of my coworkers to come along...

sh6.gif

In addition to the range fees, if you haven't shot there before you will be required to take the written range safety test.

It takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

Handloads are fine. CCI BLazer ammo is fine. Any ammo is fine and you can even buy some.

The range will handle any cartridge up to .450 Weatherby (I think .. its elephantian like that)

Only things not allowed are shot (from a shotgun - you can shoot slugs) and targets that are pictures of humans or otherwise resemble humans (they are VERY strict about this). You can buy sillohouttes (sp?) there, but leave the Osama Bin Ladden/Saddam Hussein targets at home. They wont let you use them (even got made at me using pictures of bunny rabbits one time)

Not sure why they have the rule, but they are a failry high rpofile location and probably want to avoid any bad publicity they might get. Blue Ridge, down the road, will let you shoot at Pictures of People (though they dont handle rifles)

If anyone has a .357 with a 4inch or larger barrel BRING IT!! I'm eye-balling for a .357 in the next couple months. I haven't shot much other than the GP100.

shoot! (pun intended) i will miss (pun unfortunately true) it, for a newlyweds desert.

Let us know when you guys will be having another.

the wife and i will be out there at some point over the TG holiday.

spenny

Well I had fun even though we showed up too late for the museum. Did I spell that right?

I think Geoff had too much to drink, he's passed out on my couch right now. I have to sober him up so he can get back to Long Island tomorrow.:eek:

Thanks for bringing the .357's. I like the feel of the GP100 but I shot Mike's S&Ws better.:confused:

What model S&Ws were those, Mike?

It's amazing how I can shoot a 2inch group with one revolver and a shotgun pattern with the other.:rolleyes:

Well I would have brung my Pythons, but I didn't want the others to feel inadequate;)

Thanks for the couch Soda, you wake up yet?

And thanks to Mike for pulling this together again.

Next time I'll bring the 1899 Krag-Jorgenson so you can see what a real carbine looks like. :D

-0-

Back