Northern Virginia... Time to shoot again?

BTW, if there are any FALoholic types attending Saturday, I'll be shooting my new (new to me, anyway), StG58, and would be very grateful for any tips on adjusting the valve, etc., while we're there.

- Aion

Aion, I probably will not be bringing my FAL this time, but if you want I can bring my tools. Finding a good gas setting is pretty simple; hitting the X consistently is more difficult (at least for me).

The NRA Museum closes at 4:00 PM. When are people showing up? I'll probably try to get there by at least 3:00, because last time I was at the museum, it was about to close and I felt rushed. I guess afterwards we can browse Galyan's until the range meet starts. :D

http://www.nrahq.org/museum/index.asp

(BTW, I'm a tall skinny guy with a ponytail, probably wearing a Molon Labe hat.)

Since this is my first visit, I reckon I'll have to take their range test... anyone know how much time to allot to this?

- Aion

Hey Mal,

Next time plan on staying 10-15 minutes later for dinner. :)

I still have your hearing protectors, by the way. I'll give them to you when the plastic bins when we shoot again, or when it's time for me to do some chronograph work. :)

Just wanted to say thanks for a good time, fellers. My appreciation to Mike for coordinating, Mal for the opportunity to dirty up his cavalry Vaquero, Dave for a hand with the FAL, and Jeff for the company.

You guys that didn't make it, we had a quiet little shoot (smirk) and some good eats afterwards.

Thanks!

- Aion

I also had a good time at the shoot. Sorry I couldn't stay for the eats, but I had guests waiting for me at home.

I was especially sorry I couldn't chat for a while with Geoff instead of us trying to yell at each other on the range and neither of us understanding what the other was saying. :) He came a long way to join us and I want to thank him for doing so. Too bad we didn't have the usual turnout of the 6 or 7 other "regulars".

Back