Northern Virginia... Time to shoot again?

Well, that's the rub.

This weekend is out, as I'm heading home to Pennsylvania for Easter.

The where is normally the NRA Range in Fairfax.

The answers for me are yes and yes.

Like Mike, I'm tied up for this weekend with family get-togethers and next weekend is our anniversary, so that one's out. Sometime from the 2nd week of April on would work for me.

Family is highly overrated, Mal. :D

Actually, I'm tied up most of the first weekend in April, too, so how about Saturday, April 13, at 6:00 p.m. at the NRA Range?

Then we can do dinner afterwards again?

I'm open. Seems to me there were a lot more people responding to a Va Roll Call last time, though...?

- Aion

Hmmmm! A saturday at the NRA range. Sounds interesting.

Can shooters from out of state bring handguns to shoot in VA?

I keep promising myself a trip to the NRA museum, might make a weekend out of it.

Cmon you guys, decide on a date:confused:

Yes, K80Geoff, you can bring your handguns. Evil black assault rifles are OK too! :D

I'd like to visit the museum again as well. The best dates for me are April 13 or 20, since the other two Saturdays in April are gun shows.

Ok, let's set it as April 13.

Time frame? Late afternoon, evening?

The range...

OH CRAP!

Ok, I need to check on the availability of the range. Last time I was there it was going to be closed to the public for events a couple of weekend days in April.

Let me check when.

I don't know if I will have my ammo etc. unpacked by next week but please add me to the list of usual suspects for the future.

What is the NRA range policy on NFA weapons?

Thanks,

TT

I'm pretty sure the NRA range allows full-auto. As for particularly weird AOWs, it's probably better to ask first. The only thing that they specifically prohibit is .50BMG. No shotguns either as far as I know, just pistols and rifles.

Mike,

Thanks for the PM - sadly, I'm going to Martinsville to take in a little short-track action on the Craftsman Truck and Winston Cup circuits, so I won't make it on 13 April...perhaps a reprise in the near future?

Mr. Woodrow,

Yes, you can bring your own ammo, targets, etc., although they have supplies for sale on site.
Last I heard, they are open until 2200 on Saturdays. Fees are $12/hour/lane for members, $15 for guests.

From the www.nrahq.org

"The 12-position NRA Range is open to all NRA members and their guests and offers:

o Shooting Events and Activities!
o Shooting Distances up to 50 yards!
o Automatic target retrieval system that allows the shooter to edge and face the target for time intervals programmed by the shooter!
o Visiting Master Series
o Wheelchair Accessible!
o All pistol calibers and centerfire rifle up to .460 Weatherby Magnum!
o A professional staff of range officers who are all qualified instructors!

The NRA Range is one of the few 50-yard indoor ranges available to the public. Five-foot-wide, individually ventilated shooting booths are wheelchair-accessible and provide ample room for position pistol and rifle shooting. The automatic target retrieval system will place targets at any distance in one-foot increments from 3 to 150 feet. The unique backstop and sound baffling systems allow you to shoot rifle calibers up to and including .460 Weatherby Magnum!"

edited with apologies to Ray Woodrow 3rd

Last edited:
Likely story there Mr. James...

David told me that you're actually taking Tomcat to his mother-mandated male youth emasculation therapy class, also known as Mrs. Pritkin's Etiquette School for Little Thugs...

My suggestion for after class lets out?

Go straight to the 7-11, get a 12-pack of Sam Adams, then stop by Blockbuster and rent Showgirls.

Then kick Moms out of the house for a little father-son bonding... :D

Back