Non-NFA Guns that Rock!

It is a pen gun that is not classified as an AOW. ATF ruled that since it must be folded to fire, and with the little trigger popping out, it resembles a handgun close enough. It is a Title 1 firearm. Unfortunately, the company (Stinger) that made them shut down and they are hard to find these days. I'd really like to have one.

That is a really interesting pen-looking gun! A good friend and i accidentally maced ourselves with a pen-gun thing his mother had when we were kids; it didn't bend though & had a flat finish & probably only was meant for the little mace cartridges. Very educational experience.

The more I find out about the Stingers, the more I'm glad to have a .25ACP, not a .22lr. For some reason, the rimfire version is hideously unsafe compared to the centerfire - the blocking ring doesn't always work, for example, and the firing pin can stay extended when trying to reload. :eek:

The pen gun shown in the picture is legally nothing more than a plain-jane pistol. Could be a .38 snub nose revolver or a Ruger Mark II - legally speaking. In other words, yes, you can carry it concealed if you have a conceal carry permit.

However, keeping it in your shirt pocket where other can see it might not be concealed carry. Also, a 5 shot NAA .22 is more concealable, easier to opperate and has 5x as many shots............but the stinger pen gun is cool as heck and I've always wanted one!:D

Back