Non-NFA Guns that Rock!

jwalker497

I recently came across a few guns that were soo awesome and I could not believe they weren't NFA or class 3 items that required the stamp. One of these was the Saiga-12 shotgun - very very cool!!! Another was the PS90 I thought that the overall short size of this would make in an NFA item, but apparently its not becuase the barrel is 16in. Another was the Kel-tec PLR16, how this is considered a handgun is beyone me but very cool anyways and it sucks that if you add a stock to it, it becomes an NFA item.

Anyway, I realized how little I do know and I wanted to start a thread to see what else is out there that some of us may not know about that is very cool and non-NFA. This is open to handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc. Links and pictures would be good!

Mauser C96 with stock.

Mauser_C96_M1916_Red_9_7.JPG

drozd0712d5f.jpg

Drozd .177 caliber CO2 powered BB machine pistol. Comes with a detachable shoulder stock. Comes with semi, 3 round burst, and 6 round burst settings, and is readily converted to full auto. Bulk fill is availible, and the Blackbird version comes with an autoloading 400 round magazine and takes larger CO2 carts.

Umarex has some new BB machine guns coming out too.

Oops, forgot to include my nomination. The Semi-auto KP/31 Suomi from Centerfire systems.

RIFLE-SUOMI-RIGHT-D.jpg

9x19 cambering, accurate, affordable ($600), 71 round drums are readily available, and it gets LOTS of looks at the range. The barrel extension they have to weld on to get to 16" blends in well and doesn't look wierd like a long barrel Thompson does.

Uh guys, do you realize what you are doing? You are discussing adding guns to the NFA list based on appearance. Does the term "semi-automatic assault weapon" ring a bell? They have already determined the USAS-12, Striker 12 and Streetsweeper shotguns are "destructive devices" because of appearance.

The PS90 is a "rifle" because it has a 16" barrel and is greater than 26" overall length and is designed to be fired using two hands and from the shoulder. As stated, the Mauser has been exempted by ATF.

The Mauser C96 by itself is classed as a C&R. The stock HAS to be an original and not a reproduction or else then it would require a $200 tax stamp and classed as a SBR with the stock attached.

We are doing nothing of the sort.

All it takes is the idea....

I recently came across a few guns that were soo awesome and I could not believe they weren't NFA or class 3 items that required the stamp.

And a bunch of people to make up a list...

And someone on the other side to agree...

I distinctly remember the 1980s when California was seeking (aka making up) statistics to ban "military style" firearms.

This one has flown under the NFA radar for decades. I think it’s because it’s 1000! round magazine is fixed (Sneakily maintained even during the AWB’s 10 round max mandate). They also took off the for and aft pistol grips that the original design had, this doesn’t make the weapon look as menacing. The wood looking finish is clever too; but you have to be a firearm enthusiast to understand it doesn’t have to be black to be evil.

D953~Daisy-Red-Ryder-Carbine-Posters.jpg

All it takes is the idea....
All it takes is thinking like yours to stifle legitimate discussion through useless fearmongering. Thought like that belongs in the trash bin or an anti-gun forum.

The anti-gunners have proven themselves quite capable of making their own lists of banned guns.

Making lists here may or may not help them - who really knows. I find myself torn on which side I'm on in this debate. On one hand, I really like the topic and am tempted to add a few more to "the list". On the other hand, I really don't want to help antis by making a list for them.

FWIW, anyone who wants a full-capacity semi-auto shotgun better buy it now. Clinton forced me to get fingerprinted, give him a photo of myself and register my USAS-12 under threat of imprisonment......but I guess at least I've got one, and it is fun as heck to shoot.

I'm going to refrain from adding to this list, but I'm not going to pass moral judgment on those that do - like I said, it is an interesting topic.

I never really thought about it this way. I was just wondering because many local shops are pretty routine in what they keep in stock and someone might never see other cool legal items. That's all.

I really don't see anything wrong with this thread. Folks such as myself aren't lucky enough to live in an NFA friendly state and I see no problem with a discussion over guns that LOOK NFA, but aren't. I consider this just a form of networking and information sharing amongst 2A supporters.

useless fearmongering

Sorry for offending you with fearmongering. Best to not think about such things. Makes the bloodpressure go high.To get back ontopic,

I can't believe this isn't an NFA item. ATF said it is a normal pistol, however.

pistol&folded.jpg

It's a pen gun and classed as an AOW. But I'm not sure about it seeing as it has to be extended to use whereas a true pen gun doesn't.

Back