Non-gun lighter side: Do you name your vehicles?

Okay, okay. I need to add my own. Have any of you other gents ever noted that those of us that enjoy firearms can also easily have our heads turned by an old car? Must be a "mechanical curiosity" sort of thing.

1971 DODGE CHARGER R/T (heavily breathed on)
"THE BEAST". Coined by fellow area peace officers.

1979 DODGE LIL' RED EXPRESS TRUCK. "TRIGGER". I have had it longer than Roy had the horse.

1974 CHRYSLER STATION WAGON. "THE BLUESMOBILE" With the 440 and heavy duty everything throughout that one was easy enough. Jake and Elwood would have loved it because there's room enough for the band.

1977 GRAND PRIX HURST EDITION. "THE GOLDEN ROCKET" Wife's personal ride. I would have to go through a divorce if I ever got rid of that GM product. Oh well. Easier to have that tin indian in the garage.

1967 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD SERIES 60. "THE HIT WAGON" Given to me by the proverbial little old lady. It is about three city blocks long and black, black, black. Get the picture?

Futo, I predict that this thread will be popular.
Take care and God bless to all,
Paladin

I haven't named any of my more recent vehicles, but I did name a few of my older favorites. My all time favorite, beloved car was a '67 Mustang coupe w/ a 289. I named it Gothmog after a character in an H.P. Lovecraft story I read somewhere.

I also had a '79 Buick Regal that had a couple 'o names one of which was the "Barfmobile" because I puked in it once (hmm, never could seem to get that spaghetti smell out after that...) :).

I also called it "The Black Plague" cuz it went thru a quart of oil a day, and spewed hot oil out all over the exhaust manifold, producing billows of black smoke. Needless to say, that car didn't last long!

I have been pondering over what to name my SIG, no luck so far.

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

Joey, you're right I really like that truck. Now if I could only afford the chip to remove the speed limiter it's be great. 94mph just ain't enough sometimes ;)

Jedi, you made me run and look out the door! :) Actually, you'd have to deal with the wife as she's the one who drives it everyday.
If you want to get that German/Irish blood stirred up, bless your heart, you're on your own. I've done it! It can get scary :D

Outlaw1, what can I say... I'm impressed!! used to build up them Mopars myself.

Paladin, like the 71. Built a 69 w/ 383 sixpack one time. Yes it was very fun :D

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Never named any myself either except for some temporary admonition (POS etc.) Was into Mopars myself, still have a 354 Hemi sitting in the basement in pieces. It was supposed to go into a 74 Trail Duster but.......

Longhair,

I'm (scratch) German/Scottish/Irish/Indian, therefore I'm so (itch scratch) schizo I'm likely to (scratch scratch) try anything... o__o

------------------
Lady Justice has been raped, truth assassin;
Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in;
Their money tips her scales again, make your deal;
Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel.

The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe, I can't believe the price we pay- nothing can save us
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone
Pulling your strings,Justice is done...
Seeking no truth, winning is all,
Find it so grim, so true, so real....

If it isna Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Oomodo (edited November 05, 1999).]

My vehicles already had names when I got them, one's Jeep, one's minivan (or Mom's car), one's KTM. Works for me.

My 82 Oldsmobile......"Piece of junk"

BTW It aint Scottish, (or Japanese for that matter)...its crap. :)

PS: Except when its running good......

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

[This message has been edited by EQUALIZER (edited November 05, 1999).]

I don't name them, they just sort of earn themselves names - some of them permanent, others temporary (and usually derogatory).

A Ford F100 'Supercab', big and gray had a fascination for mud. Any substantial hole near its path - it would just drift into it and sink quietly up to its belly and stay there of course. I'd usually have to go fetch the Jeep and winch it out or rely on some friendly passerby to do likewise. It would also sputter and stop. Its open hood (as I'd fiddle with its electrics) looked like huge gaping jaws.

The name 'Hippopotamus' was more or less inevitable.

Its current replacement, a red 4x4 Toyota Hilux 'four door' pickup hasn't earned itself a name yet - but in any case it has a bloody great Warn winch stuck on its front end.

The Jeep is plain old 'Jeep' as it should be, though we might call it 'The General Purpose Vehicle' when feeling pedantic.

Peter Knight

[This message has been edited by Elchimango (edited November 06, 1999).]

Back