No More Dealings with EAA Witness.........Got me a Colt Delta Elite

Wildcard

I ranted all day yesterday. Did not accomplish a thing. So i got rid of my Wintess 10MM. I then turned around a purchased a real Gun, Colt Delta Elite. I caution everyone who wants to buy a Witness Pistol, and those of you that have one, beware of there customer service, it stinks....

So do you have your underwear in a bind yet because no one has replied to your post? Are you waiting for the congratulatory pat on the back from those who think you did well by getting the CDE?

Lets see, you complain about customer service and out-ofbox dependability from EAA on your Witness, and then solve the problem by buying an out-of-production Colt 1911 style pistol?

WILDCARD, I feel your pain. This has happened to me before, just not with EAA. Some people may think you're whining because they haven't been fu#*ed yet.( Keyword: Yet.) I wouldn't have bought a Colt either. I'd have bought an HK. Although they don't make a 10, they do make the almighty 4-5th.

Congrats on the Delta Elite. In or out of production that would still be my choice. I really want one, but it will have to wait.

never owned one of the CZ style guns but 2 buddies did and they were forever ordering parts to replace stuff that broke. i do not recommend buying them..Dick

TO: BB and Mylhouse,

Sorry guys, i dont have my underwear in a bind. The only problem i have is i guess i thought people like you two would have the smarts to read my second post and figure out i was sort of speaking out loud and apology, that i maybe was in the wrong. I thought it is a good thing to admit that you may be in the wrong. I suppose the reason why people dont admit being wrong more often is because of people like you who respond like buzzards just to make alittle fun at someone elses expense...

TO: Everyone else,

I picked up this out of production DE for $600. I think it is a good buy, and better than a glock and i own a G20. I hope i havent been a burden, or as in a earlier post constrewed as a whiner. I didnt mean to burden, if i did, and i am not a whiner, so if you two above think so, go back, read my post again, and pull your head out of your nether regions...

Wildcard,

Don't let some yahoos get you going. Enjoy your Colt. I don't know about the EAA Witness. Never shot one. Don't think I've ever seen one:) I've got a Glock 29 that I dearly love but it's the first automatic in a major caliber I've ever owned that wasn't designed by St. Browning- call me conservative. 10mm rocks! Now do a web search for Georgia Arms. They've got some of the hottest 10mm around.

Witness Vs. Delta Elite

I have been eyeing the 10MM Witness in a Wonder Finish. Hate to hear they are POS. I have a Delta but haven't shot it. Heard they wear out quick. Any comments on this? Got a Glock 29 that I really like. Easier to hold on to than my Kel-Tec 40 Shorty.

What the hell are you talking about? You've only made two posts to this thread, so whats this about "reading your second post"? So I'm a buzzard? Well, at least I'm not a dimwit who complains about customer service and out-of-box reliability with a Witness (based on the CZ design, notably one of the most reliable designs ever made) and then goes out and buys an out of production handgun in a notoriously unreliable out-of-box design (1911) from a company with notoriously bad customer service (Colt) citing the EAA experience as the reason why!

I wonder when 1911s became "notoriously unreliable" and CZs "one of the most reliable designs ever made"...

When? Ummm, for the CZ75 design about the mid to late eighties after it was picking up a large following in IPSC. The 1911s went from military specs to "match" specs (closer tolerences) which make them fairly unreliable out of the box, using a SIG or a Glock or a CZ or a Ruger or a P35 semiauto design as a rule of measure. Stick around, keep your ears open and go to a few IDPA matches, you'll learn this with experience.

[Edited by BB on 02-21-2001 at 11:59 AM]

From your tone you must happen to think I'm a neophyte. However, I'm a fairly experinced USPSA competitor(but I guess that doesn't count cause it's not "tactical and realistic"). My Springfield purchased last year had a 1-200 round break in but has fed anything I've thrown at it since. I recently DID do some reliability work on it my gun but it's mainly insurance. I've seen nearly every type of gun brought to the line of USPSA competitions jam in every common way you can think of. I've seen Glocks that wouldn't run for more than 5 consecutive shots. I've seen 1911s that run fine for the course of a 350 round match. Does this make one design totally more reliable than the other? I don't think so.

CZs gained a large following in IPSC due to being able to make an Open gun on a smaller frame in 9x19 before it was outlawed or 9x21. However, people soon found that the smaller guns couldn't take the pounding, and tore themselves apart much to quickly for the high amount of shooting per year for a serious IPSC competetitor. Go to an IPSC match now days and you'll see mostly 1911s. Most 1911 problems stem from cheap magazines, rather than the gun itself. Even if a 1911 DOESN'T run out of the box today(which is getting to be a rare occurenece) the tricks to get it to run can ususally be accomplished by anyone with the mechanical apptitude of a chimp. CZs are wonderful guns, reliable, safe and rugged. But that doesn't make them any inherently better than John Moses Brownings masterpiece.

Never claimed you were a nyophyte. However, we are still talking about OUT OF BOX reliability. 200 round break in? Thats not out of box. Thats after 200 round break in. And in my post, I state "The 1911s went from military specs to "match" specs (closer tolerences) which make them fairly unreliable out of the box" and I stand by that statement.

A tuned custom IPSC race gun is NOT an out of box 1911.

Believe me, I love the 1911. I have several, but none were out of the box reliable; even my M1911A1 has trouble with anything other than ball ammo. And while I agree that AFTER a break in period a new, quality 1911 is about as good as it gets, we're talking about an out of production model that was made, lets face it, during Colt's darkest days from a quality control standpoint.

[Edited by BB on 02-21-2001 at 01:58 PM]

Is "going to a few IDPA matches" what made you such a know-it-all horse's ass, BB? Taking a snide tone with posters here (i.e. "sniping" at them) won't get you very far, troll. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This board has really gone to hell in a handbasket.

Wildcard, I'm sorry you had to experience this kind of treatment.

*YAWN*

I see the peanut gallery has spoken. Come back when you get some facts and want to discuss the issue. Have a nice day;)

I am a neophyte in competitition- just shot my first IDPA and am unclassified presently. I've owned several .45's over the years-even a couple of Colts. Didn't get rid of any of them due to reliability issues. I've been really on the go lately and didn't take the time to clean my Kimber.
Shot a hundred rounds at the Yucchi WMA range, shot a hundred rounds at Georgia Guns and Range in Duluth, shot an IDPA match at American Classic Marksman, and then shot a couple of hundred rounds at the Wilson Shoals WMA range. As I was between ammo shipments for part of this shooting, I shot a variety of ammo picked up where ever was convenient-UMC FMJ, Federal Hydrashok, Winchester BEB, and Georgia Arms 230gr Gold Dot. Close to five hundred rounds and not a burp from my weapon. I've put about a thousand rounds through the Kimber now. I had maybe four malfunctions with the first two hundred rounds with none since. Good enough for me.

Back