No more CZ 527's

Pumpkin

CZ has discontinued the 527, 550 rifles being replaced by the 600.
I'm sure there are some mechanical improvements but the style of the gun does absolutely nothing for me, wooden bolt knob!
I always thought they made some of the nicest traditional looking bolt rifles out there. Glad I got my 527s when I did.

i share in the depression with you, i have a 1;9 varmint barrel and a palmswell varmint stock, that just need a action..
the action found its way to a wildcat project.
for the 7 62x39 or 223 sized cases it was a great platform..

but id happily take a 6.5 grendel or 7.62x39 size action as well..
that 6 ARC sounds like a nice fit...

Last edited:
All the 550 rifles out there, any NOS or even 'lightly used,' shot up in value starting about 6- or 7-years ago.

The CZ 550 series are very highly praised rifles, some of them 18"-20" carbine models too.

I was very fortunate, on my 35th year of employment I got a check for $750.00. I wasn’t even asked to retire! It was just enough for either a Savage Scout or a CZ 527Lux. Tough choice but in the end my 28 year old son said “Dad get the CZ”. I did in .223 and what a good choice. I liked it sooo much after some careful, strategic whining, my sweet wife let me order a 527 carbine in.223 also.
Had I waited, I would have probably had to pass on both.
The little Mauser action is a sight to behold, two guns that will certainly be passed on.

Really like the cz 527's and 550's, but ime their quality dropped when U.S. manufactured. Only have experience with their older models, all but one of the CZ rifles purchased are extremely accurate. From 22 lr on up to 308.

Last edited:
Glad I got a 527 in 6.5 Grendel when I did; accurate and reliable, it’s a joy to shoot – and I actually like the magazine design that others needlessly complained about.

"id like to find a 527, varmint action in 223..
they are a dandy mini mouser.."

There are several on GunBroker for sale. Go get one!

New 527 6.5 Grendel just purchased

I must have gotten very fortunate. On Monday of this week (1/10/22), I received email notification from a nearby retailer that the 6.5 Grendel in which I was interested was back in stock. I immediately bought it and picked up the same day. I must have received one on the last ones manufactured.

I contacted CZ-USA and expressed my disappointment that the 600 offerings did not include 6.5 Grendel. Received a reply that the 600 is modular in design and future offerings are intended in other calibers. Though no promise was made to include 6.5 Grendel, the rep stated he would send the request up the management chain. Should other requests be received, maybe 6.5 Gr will be one of the future offerings

The CZ 527 has a rear receiver, inherent design weakness, in rifles chambered in 7.62x39.

It is reported on social media, that the squared-off, top rear receiver of the 527, will eventually cause a crack in the wood stock near that top, rear receiver area.

So I keep an eye on the stock of my CZ 527, chambered in 7.62x39; and around the 800 round mark, it developed a quarter inch long crack in the stock, in the top, left rear receiver area of the rifle.

I sent the rifle back to the U.S. distributor of CZ...and they replaced the stock on my rifle, promptly --- Plus...they slicked-up the Mauser action, so the bolt runs smoothly.

Last edited:
Was that about the time they introduced the push feed line?
More specifically, pricing on the remaining CRF 550s in the pipeline or on dealer shelves jumped when CZ announced they were discontinuing the line.

Back