"No good reason to have an assault rifle"...Here come the anti hit pieces...

ivan

had to stop reading here. Hmm, Sweden has 9 Million people?

Florida has 18.1 Million people.

Kinda stupid to say Sweden had less deaths due to firearms without providing the actual numbers...well, there are 2 times as many people in Florida, DUMBAZZES....

I am not agreeing with the GFH here, but read what is written before responding. Miami-Dade was cited, not the whole state...

I am not agreeing with the GFH here, but read what is written before responding. Miami-Dade was cited, not the whole state...

This is true, and Miami-Dade has less people that Sweden. But comparing an entire country (rural areas and all) to a single urban area isn't exactly sensible. Even comparing an urban area of Sweden to Miami-Dade wouldn't make sense, even after adjusting the numbers to per-capita, because Miami-Dade is a much larger metro area.

And, of course, you're also ignoring a host of socio-economic differences between Florida and Sweden.

It was a silly comparison, any way you slice it.

My mistake...

I do agree with JC though.

To add to JC's comments, you also don't have the same level of cultural differences, which aids urban chaos here in America, in Sweden that you have here.

Were going through the same shat with the antis up here in Canada. Stay together and fight the battle as a group, you will be fine.

I would like to know what street this is that AKs can be had for $100 on!

If you find out what street, I better just take 2. But they have to be the 600 rounds per minute type AK. The very rare 600 round per minute AK.

Not to sound racist, but Sweden is also much more racially monotonous than Florida. Most of the gun crime in Florida is commited by minority populations. Sweden simply does not have much of those minorities.

Go to Ireland! No People of (politically correctness). No problems that equate what we have. IRA yes! Political Disputes , Yes. Gangs, NO!

There is a Element of the Skin Heads! NeoNatzy type!

Fishing Rocks on the Shannon River! 20LB Pike!

20+ years ago...

Miami/Dade country was the machine gun capitol of the the US. Couple of hours and a few hundred bucks and you could buy nearly any kind of machine gun you wanted. It was against the law then, and it is still against the law today. What makes you think another law will change anything?

And, just for clarity, didn't the VT shooter use a handgun of the same type as carried by many police? So, by one reporter's definition, the police carry assault pistols now?

In response to the shootings in Miami Dade, Broward county sheriffs dept is purchasing Colt AR-15's fully dressed out at $2200 per copy.
Palm Beach County sheriffs dept. is purchasing 1000 Bushmaster AR-15's at $600 per copy.
Why the big difference? I guess the department that makes the most noise gets the most expensive toys.
Check out the video on Sunsentinel.com It's on the main page. Go to the video section and scroll down.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbshoot0918nbsep18,0,4141710.story
Story on Colt AR's

Last edited:
I wonder if the author of the article is just ignorant or is intentionally distorting the facts. I'm not sure which is worse. Either way the article is one that should be attacked. The publisher should recieve a few thousand letters demanding the authors resignation, etc. etc.

Not to sound racist, but Sweden is also much more racially monotonous than Florida. Most of the gun crime in Florida is committed by minority populations. Sweden simply does not have much of those minorities.

This would be one socioeconomic factor. Disparity of income, and poverty in general, would be another.

Back