No go for me on buying a P322

First, I don’t think your metaphor is a good fit for this situation. But secondly, I already said I understood the person being upset. My point is, if all I have to judge a disagreement between two parties is the opinions of those two parties, then I don’t trust either of them out of hand because both of them are inherently biased. The best I can do is listen to both accounts and try to gauge some truth based on the evidence they present. When it comes to needing to use his “YouTuber” card to get the pistol returned he’s admittedly biased and him just relaying his impressions, when at that point in the recollection he’s annoyed in the video, doesn’t convince me. If it convinces you that’s your call.

You are not the judge... you are driver A who got hit by driver B but driver B claims that you caused the accident and there are no witnesses.

How can you be unbiased in this situation?

I'm not interested in your metaphor. I'm interested in the actual event this thread is about. In that event I am not involved in that I have no financial interest either way in the outcome. That is what is under discussion. If you want to create a new thread to debate what is or isn't meant by bias in various hypothetical situations, feel free to do so.

I'm not interested in your metaphor. I'm interested in the actual event this thread is about. In that event I am not involved in that I have no financial interest either way in the outcome. That is what is under discussion. If you want to create a new thread to debate what is or isn't meant by bias in various hypothetical situations, feel free to do so.

I ask you yet again... how can the OP not be biased?

The OP is the person who wrote this thread and isn't the person who posted that video. I don't know why the OP would be biased, other than his past experience with the SIG Mosquito. Are you saying he is biased?

The OP is the person who wrote this thread and isn't the person who posted that video. I don't know why the OP would be biased, other than his past experience with the SIG Mosquito. Are you saying he is biased?

It's you who are saying that Person A who got a black eye from Person B is biased towards Person B and I say: ''How could he not be?''

Last edited:
I have stated multiple times now that in a situation similar to what you just described I understand "person A" being biased (see posts 14 and 20). I pointed out that the person is biased because it goes to whether or not I personally believe them about this story. That it's understandable for that person to be biased is besides the point.

I feel like I have been pretty patient in my attempts to clarify what I thought was already pretty clear, and I can't think of anything more to add. Rather than spend more of the thread talking about whether I correctly understand the term bias, I'm going to step out. Enjoy your time on the forum.

I've done my share of on-line whining and manufacturer bashing, lord knows--but this utube guy dumps it on hard and liberally laces the video with accusations based on his unfounded interpretations--intending to simply lead everyone onto his hate train. He comes off sounding like he's full of poop to me. (I have no Sig products of any kind)

Last edited:
Why are you guys feeding the troll? In two different threads that I have read so far, Moon River has been contrarian to anything that has been said to him. Why do you persist in arguing with him?

Why? Because I’m on day 5 of a quarantine with a sick family in a small space and I’ve gone mildly crazy, so I’ll take a distraction anywhere I can find it, even if it’s pointless in the end.

Why are you guys feeding the troll? In two different threads that I have read so far, Moon River has been contrarian to anything that has been said to him. Why do you persist in arguing with him?

So I can't disagree with dumb suggestions without being a troll?

I guess that's how it works in the boonies and on this here forum.

Last edited:
Why? Because I’m on day 5 of a quarantine with a sick family in a small space and I’ve gone mildly crazy, so I’ll take a distraction anywhere I can find it, even if it’s pointless in the end.

You still don't understand that a man that has been wronged can't be unbiased towards his wrongdoer.

I watched a few of the guys videos in the past and maybe it is time for him to move on to another gun. The guy likes to use cheap ammo like Remington Thunderbolt and do endless mag dumps. Maybe the P322 is not the best pistol for that. SIG has sold tons of them and not really reading about many problems with barrel leading with them. SIG also has a pretty good reputation for customer service and if one wants to buy a P322 I would not try to talk them out of it.

The good news is there are lots of options to choose from these days. I am partial to my Browning Buckmark and if I was looking for a poly combat style 22LR pistol I would probably look at a Glock 44 since I carry a Gen 2 Glock 19.

I watched a few of the guys videos in the past and maybe it is time for him to move on to another gun. The guy likes to use cheap ammo like Remington Thunderbolt and do endless mag dumps. Maybe the P322 is not the best pistol for that. SIG has sold tons of them and not really reading about many problems with barrel leading with them. SIG also has a pretty good reputation for customer service and if one wants to buy a P322 I would not try to talk them out of it.

The good news is there are lots of options to choose from these days. I am partial to my Browning Buckmark and if I was looking for a poly combat style 22LR pistol I would probably look at a Glock 44 since I carry a Gen 2 Glock 19.

He could use copper plated bullets... problem solved?

I had the EXACT same experience with my P322 that I bought last summer. I took TWELVE weeks to finally get it back from SIG and running properly. My last three SIG’s (P322, P320 and Cross .308) have been disasters and required extended trips to SIG to get them corrected. I’ll never purchase another SIG product….ever!

Just to mention my experience, as I own both the P322 and the TX22...

My copy of the TX22 had chattering on the rifling, which cause leading of the barrel after less than 100 rounds fired. I read about this online and contacted Taurus. They had me send the pistol back to them for inspection (on their dime). It was returned in about 7-10 days with a new barrel. No problems since then. It has been flawless with all types of ammo. The trigger is pretty decent.

When I first got my P322, I had problems with failure to feed. After some research, I read about how to properly load the magazine to avoid "lip lock". Since I changed my means of loading the magazine, it has been flawless. I don't think the trigger is as good as the TX22. It takes a fair amount of deliberate practice to learn where the takeup ends and the striker releases. There is very little discernable "wall" and it's "mushy".

If I were looking to buy either one or the other, I would probably choose the Taurus.

jmhyer said:
When I first got my P322, I had problems with failure to feed. After some research, I read about how to properly load the magazine to avoid "lip lock". Since I changed my means of loading the magazine, it has been flawless. I don't think the trigger is as good as the TX22. It takes a fair amount of deliberate practice to learn where the takeup ends and the striker releases. There is very little discernable "wall" and it's "mushy".

If I were looking to buy either one or the other, I would probably choose the Taurus.

So you'd say the TX-22 trigger is a good deal better? I agree with you on the P322. I don't find it an easy pistol to shoot well. It can be done, but like I said earlier in the thread I bought it as a target pistol to use when I brought other family members shooting, and frankly they don't like shooting the P322 nearly as much as the old Ruger Mk III I have.

I do think the TX22 trigger is a good deal better than the P322 trigger...at least in comparing the copies that I personally have. And +1 on the Ruger Mark pistols being more fun to shoot.

Back