No # 10 caps

I don't have much trouble finding Rem #10's either. Sportsmans Warehouse carries all brands of perc. caps and musket caps. Gouger Mtn. carries Remington and CCI. And Academy Carries CCI.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

round here, you either go one of three routes:
A: order in bulk from an outlet like Cabelas
B: Find a buddy who travels and have him pick up some
C: get a cap making die from one of the guys making them and make your own. No local source for caps of any kind, although if I wanted to drive a couple hrs, I could probably find some.

I was getting them from Gander Mountain which is 89 miles one way but apparently they have dropped them.

Well if'n I need to take a road trip in the future I will put some caps in the trunk and post a route on here. Then if anyone is on the way and in need, we can meet. We used to do that sort of thing on a vintage Yamaha triple page for parts and stuff. It actually worked well. Others would even pick up parts from folks and take them on their trip to other members on the way. It was our own little U Ship.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The difference between #10 and #11 caps is quite small. Caps are made of very thin copper and easily deformed or "squeezed" to cinch down on a nipple which means whichever size you have will work. The issue with a loose fitting cap is that upon firing it pops off and finds a way to bind the action...but then, that is the nature of ALL caps!

I, too, have problems keeping my Remington #11 caps from popping off when firing, even with pinching them. My friend gave me some CCI #10's and I thought they stayed on much better.

Model12Win said:
Winchester doesn't make anything anymore. They are a name ONLY.

Their rifles are actually made in JAPAN now. What a joke.

Hawg said:
They're not a joke. They're just as good as anything that came out of New Haven. I don't like the lawyered safeties but just because they don't say Made In U.S.A doesn't make them a joke. I guess Brownings are a joke too?

I have to agree with Hawg. I own a 1885 Winchester low wall in .22 lr made by Miroku and a Browning BT-99 trap gun also made by Miroku. These are two of the finest guns I have ever owned and they were not cheap.

Back