Nikon scopes

IMO, the acid test is dawn and dusk light. This is where many of us hunters literally
live. It's disappointing, if fortunate to hear that Nikon isn't holding it's own, lately.

My latest acquisition, for my #1 Rifle, is a Zeiss. Just a bare bones 3-9X50, but a couple
years old. I got my first and last Vortex, a short while back. Say what you want, it's no
Nikon.

I got my first and last Vortex, a short while back. Say what you want, it's no
Nikon.
I am not a Vortex fan or a hater. Vortex high end glass is really good. Their low end glass is really bad. Their mid range glass is nothing to brag about.

reynolds357 Wrote: March is nice glass. On par with Nightforce, but subpar to Schmidt and Bender, US Optics and the high end Meopta glass.

You say that with authority.

Have you used March, Nightforce, Smit & Bender, US Optics, and the high end Meopta optics??

If so, you must have a hell of a budget.

I have 4 Nikon scopes. A Prostaff 2-7X32, a P-223 3-9X40, a Prostaff 5 3.5-14X40 and a Black FX1000 6-24X50 and they all say "Made in the Philippines" on them. Been looking at getting the Monarch 3 in 2.5-10X42 for my wife's rifle. So far I have been more than happy with my Nikons. I have looked through other scopes, but none looked any better than my Nikons. No, I have not looked through any Schmith and Benders, Night Force, US Optics, Swaravski, March or German Ziess... Just the Leupolds, Busnells, Vortex, Burris, Weaver and Zeiss Terra level scopes.

Today just about every scope comes out of the Philippines. I'm not sure if any of their higher end optics's come from Japan or not.

Japanese optics are better, and generally meet a good balance point imo.

This is why I am turning to Super Sniper when I can. While the others are reducing cost with lower quality. Super Sniper seems to be floating to the top....and yes, made in Japan

Last edited:
Quick check and I see none.

Are the rest of the Tasco line Japan glass? Some extremely low prices.

I have a couple of no longer made AK Guide scopes that are really nice (made in Japan)

RC20, what are you talking about. Tasco and Super Sniper are unrelated brands today.

As far as I know Tasco is 100% Chinese optics today, but they may be made the Philippines...some.

Do not know about now

Bushnell has cheapo blister pack scopes, and high end quality scopes.

In the past the high end was Japan made, and the blister pack stuff was China.

Is it still this way?

Back