New Walther, HK, and P226 today

Of all the pistols I have ever fired, my P226 is my favorite. It's a standard model with the SRT trigger that I installed. Right out of the box the trigger was so smooth and just a joy compared to my P30 V3. With the SRT installed, it got even better. I also have a P229 Elite Carry that came with the SRT. It's a close second to my P226. If the P229 was just a little smaller and lighter it would be my CCW piece. I'm considering gettting a P239 for ccw even though they're discontinued.

The P30 is great, but due to the trigger I must admit it's a gun that I am really trying to get myself to love. I just don't shoot as well with it as I do my Sigs. The Grayguns reset kit definitely helped. I just put in an 11lb Lazy Wolf hammer spring that also helped a little. I tried the Lazy Wolf 10lb spring, but didn't notice a difference so I went with the heavier 11lb. I am considering giving the Grayguns straight trigger a try, but I really don't want to drop 100 bucks on a trigger I won't even like. I normally don't like flat triggers, but the fact that it breaks at 90 degrees sounds appealing.

It just goes to show that just because a gun feels good in your hand, it doesn't mean you're going to shoot it well.

Yes, my new experience too. I am trying to love the p30 at this point with its trigger. Thinking a p2000 will replace it, but for size.

The p226 has a better trigger for sure. The reset is probably unmatched.

I wish the stainless frame would come back. I do think the frame is an area to consider.

What Sig needs to do is dechunk the 2022. A true p226 polymer e2 grip? Wowzer

Last edited:
Back