New to the revolver fold -- J Frame

Good choice but think carefully about the words "deep Concealment" My theory is, if you don't have it in hand, you better be able to draw in under two seconds.
True -- I was thinking more along the lines of "buried more deeply below the belt in a belly-band or "smart carry" type of holster, so that I can tuck my shirt around it and still reach it easily.

I've tried to carry a variety of semi-autos in that manner and they print badly under a tucked shirt unless they're pushed down low, and then it's very hard to get a grip on them to draw. The revolver's hooked shape makes it possible to keep it down low and still grip it.

I found a set of LG-405 (the rubber over-molded) laser grips for a good price and should have those soon! I've had lasers before and know them to be very effective training and dry fire tools.

That laser attached via tape or as an integral part of your grips, will teach you things about your trigger manipulation, and to a degree, your grip uniformity that are difficult to learn in any other way. Extensive dry firing from the leather is the key.

By way of example, I taught a friend's wife the basics of revolver DA shooting in just about an hour with a set of Crimson Trace's on her Smith M637. She went from holding the unloaded gun like a dead rat, to a fairly accomplished DA shooter in short order. We used .38 Spl wadcutters for the introduction with a fair amount of time just dry firing first. It was an eye-opener for me...truth be told.

She was motivated by an attempted home invasion that she successfully thwarted by slamming the door in his face. Later he was apprehended AFTER attacking a neighbor. Her political stance vis-a-vis the NRA and all things gun related changed abruptly.

YMMv, Rod

Highly recommend "The Snubby Revolver" by Ed Lovette. Paperback, good and easy read, lots of accurate and useful info. Paladin Press.

Good luck with that. Paladin Press has been gone for a while. Amazon copies are high to astronomical. (He can't have mine.)

Word on the "I'm With Roscoe" BookFace group is that they are working with the author on an updated version.

Back