New to the forum!

While a revolver is simple to use there are semis that's the same. I have a Sigma 9mm and a Sig P250c 40sw that are double action only just like the revolver. There are no safeties on either my guns and safe to carry with a round in the chamber. The long trigger is the safety just like a revolver but holds more rounds. Also the other safety is in your head.

*Second - Start off with a .22LR,

Right now, it is easier to find even obscure calibers like 7.62x38r (Nagant Revolver) or .327Magnum tha .22lr in our area ..... I like my Ruger 22/45, but finding .22lr is like finding natural blondes in Beijing ......

I will second wyosmith's advice:

The best piece of advice I can give is that if you are going to buy any handgun other than a 22 rim fire, get a reloading kit as soon as possible.

Loading your own ammo will save you a whole lot of money and you can shoot a lot more rounds per $ of your budget. If you will shoot more than about 8 boxes a year the reloading kit will pay for itself very quickly.
-wyosmith

Plus, you will learn a whole lot in the process.

In the long run, you'll shoot more for less, and learn a lot..... knoledge is power, and skills are priceless.

My advice? What trigger system do you shoot most accurately? DA revolver? Get a DAO auto. Can't make hits without thumbing the hammer of the revolver back, shooting in single action? 1911. Don't like the 1911, but still want a short trigger? Various striker fired guns are out there- I like Ruger's sR9c..... Either way get it in 9mm- cheaper to feed and load for .... and there are great guns out there for Carry in 9mm that are comfortable enough to do range and plinking duty......

Back