New to me Smith and Wesson model 52-2

Calfed

Several weeks ago I glommed something that has been on my wish list for a long time...A model 52. It landed at my FFL a few days ago and I got a chance to look it over before it went into his safe for the mandatory 10 day "cooling-off" period.

The auctioneer told me that it had been owned by a local collector who had passed away and was in excellent shape. After looking it over, I had to agree...

qomW93d.jpg

a5K68XO.jpg

gFldmhM.jpg

qjE66ts.jpg

Tih7LBq.jpg

WQvfwHb.jpg

New Gun Day (NGD) is always a reason to celebrate.

But when you get something you've always wanted and it's in good shape like yours is it's almost a rejoicing occasion.

A fine, fine gun indeed.

Good luck.

P.S. Might be blasphemous but I like the Pachmayr grips, I used to put them on almost all my handguns. (It's really great that you got the wood grips to though.)

I've used mine in Bullseye matches over the last several decades and it's still pounding the "X" ring with boring regularity when I do my part. Looks like your box has a dual personality; the cut-out accommodating a Model 41 as well as the Model 52 it came with.

Mostly reloads. A favorite combination for me is 2.9 grains of Bullseye behind a Speer 148, HBWC bullet (though I prefer solid base wadcutter bullets when I can find them, which, for whatever reason, isn't often).

My best shooting buddy has one, got it on a whim from a used case. Clover-Leaves all day long, if you do your part. Very unforgiving of minor errors.
We have a "Death Deal" to help the widows with out collections.......I'm hoping he goes a bit before me so I can "deal" with his 52! ;-)
Enjoy!

The California DROS system finally wheezed back to life and I was able to pick up my 52. I agree with the people who say it looks better with the wood grips.

vlqOZK5.jpg

DntXLsC.jpg

SUppRwr.jpg

Looks nice. I like that M52/M41 combo box.

Have you shot it? Probably not in the past 50 minutes.
Will you shoot it?
Is there a place you CAN shoot it?

Looks nice. I like that M52/M41 combo box.

Have you shot it? Probably not in the past 50 minutes.
Will you shoot it?
Is there a place you CAN shoot it?

Thanks Jim.

Not yet...just picked it up yesterday. Most of the ranges around here are closed or operating under severly restricted hours.

That is a gun I have wanted and just never found one.......for a reasonable price.

Same here. It took me a long time for one that I could afford to finally pop up. I really lucked out on this.

You are killing me. There is one for sale very near me and I fear that $1200 is a fair price. But that's at a price where one is in to lots of drool worthy things.. but... 38 wadcutter gun... sooooo cool!

Back