New Taurus TX22 1st impressions

The TX 22 now comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

https://warranty.taurususa.com/

Oh, cool!

Still not quite the old warranty, though.

Taurus warrants to the original purchaser that the enclosed firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship. Taurus promises to remedy any defect in material, function or workmanship for the entire time that the original purchaser owns the firearm. This warranty covers the firearm’s finish, grips, magazines, sights or accessories for the first year. Any claims of defect related to lasers must be directed to the manufacturer of the laser. This warranty terminates automatically upon the transfer of this firearm to any individual or entity other than the original purchaser.

Original owner, and some other limitations.

I may be wrong, but I believe the barrel is "fixed" in the sense that it does not tilt back like the Browning style, however while field stripping the gun, the barrel is removed without any tools.

Another TX22 Sample Point

Got my new Taurus TX22 to the range this week, and must say I am truly impressed. I was really not expecting this level of performance from any $300 22lr plinker, especially a Taurus.

I fired over 450 rounds, with four types of ammo with ZERO issues. Every magazine was loaded to its full 16 rounds capacity, and all ammo fed, fired, and ejected without fail. The slide locked also functioned properly on every empty mag. The sights are fine for its intended purpose and the trigger is truly exceptional. I also like the size and feel of the gun more so than my S&W 22 compact and Ruger SR22.

Out of the box with no sight adjustments 5 mags (80 rds) CCI Mini-mags:
attachment.php

100 rounds @ about 1/sec, mixed CCI, Blazer, Aguila & Federal Bulk pack):
attachment.php

100 Federal bulk (as fast as I could get away with under the range rules):
attachment.php

Overall a nice reliable, cheap to shoot gun with a great trigger and easy take down, what's not to like?

JAC

Attachments

• TX22 Mini Mag 80.jpg
    TX22 Mini Mag 80.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 559
  • TX22 Mix 100.jpg
    TX22 Mix 100.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 556
  • TX22 Fed 100.jpg
    TX22 Fed 100.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
I just bought a TX22 also but have not taken it to the range yet. I was encouraged by the reviews to buy my first Taurus. Monday will be the first test. FWIW I paid the same $309 at my local gun shop.

Rangegod, what distance was this at? Great groups!

Don't be too impressed, these were all fired from the 7 yard line. There are three reasons for this;

1. I shoot for relaxation and fun. Fifteen and 25 yard groups require concentration and effort, and I don't need the stress.
2. There's not a room in my house over 7 yards.
3. At my age and physical condition, if I could walk over 7 yards to change targets, I'd take up golf.:D

JAC

Still nice groups. I shoot @ 7 yards 90% of the time too, for 2 of the same reasons. I'm there to relax, and the longest room in my house is 20'. Glad you're enjoying the gun. My most used range gun is my SR-22.

I took my new TX22 to the range yesterday for it's inaugural tryout. I took Winchester, Mini Mag and Stinger ammo, all of which fed and fired just fine. Nice trigger. I shot at 25 feet with similar results to Rangegod. Nice gun... I enjoyed it. Mags are easy to load by hand to the full 16 rounds. I didn't use the loader supplied with the gun.

Takedown and cleanup was quick and easy. I came to appreciate the grip texture. The shape and feel are excellent. Count me as pleasantly pleased.

PSP - Glad to hear the good report. This one looks like a winner. I just ordered one yesterday.

One more thing

Just wanted to add one more comment on my TX22 experience. I ordered two extra mags from Taurus on Sunday 3/31 and received them on Wednesday 4/3. Not bad for a company with a reputation for bad service.

JAC

Second Range Trip

Put another 350 rounds through the TX22 this morning without a single issue. I used four magazines, the originals plus two I ordered from Taurus, to feed 300 rounds of Federal bulk pack and 50 rounds of Aguila. This brings the total round count to just over 800 with zero failures. Not bad for any rimfire in my book.

Rangegod - That's great to hear. I tried mine out the other day and put 200 rounds through with zero problems. I'm loving the TX22. I think Taurus has a winner on it's hands.

Back