New Sig P365 SAS

I've never had a snagging problem with my original/ standard P365. I'd like to see up close and personal how those sights work, however.

Same as above, I've never had an issue with the sights on my XL snagging. It's an interesting concept I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My P938 SAS is great because it melted the square sides of the P938. Well worth it.

On this P365 SAS, does nothing to the already good shape of the slide but then it ports the small barrel....bye power.

If all it does is eliminate the sights, you could just rasp or get smaller sights.

Totally not worth it.

I find the sights on my P365 outstanding as is. I think the sights on the SAS might be great on a J frame though.

I've never had a snagging problem with my original/ standard P365. I'd like to see up close and personal how those sights work, however.
Well said, Sparky, I'll 2nd your statement. Rod

The SIG site (yes, pun!) says: "the user can now obtain a crystal clear high-visibility bullseye sight picture at real-word engagement distances faster than ever before"

As others have said, I do wonder how good that works, and what they really mean for actual shooters. Getting reasonable groups at 10 yards but not at 20 yards might not be acceptable.

I will make it a point to check that out in a store, and if I am really lucky maybe I will find one to rent someday.

Bart Noir

Big improvement. One of the things I did not like about the Original was the bulky take down lever and slide lock. And for some when testing was problematic. These guns are meant for quick drawing. Glad to see Sig step up to the plate. Bravo to them.

That sight system looks so dang interesting. Hope they do this for the XL.

Last edited:
I like the sleeker design. And again, snag free is IMO important. I will not be closed minded like some and make judgements on the sights and the Ported Receiver until I get a chance to actually shoot one. The Sig shot great but was a little snappy, maybe the Porting will actually make for a better shooter? This is not determined yet. Obviously it would seem Sig thinks so.
Regular sights might prove better for fast point and shoot skills, but again, will have to try it out.
I will be looking forward to the reviews of the gun.

I certainly wouldn't want a design that snags. I haven't found the original design to be one that snags. If people want to go further more power to them.

I don't disagree. You seem to be commenting as if I'm opposing this thing. I'm really not.

So I haven't taken my P365's firing control unit out, but I'm imagining you could change the levers to this take down and slide lock?

If not, all it costs to get these rather smooth levers removed is the stabilizing front sight all handguns/shotguns/rifles benefit from.

It's hard to imagine how this SAS model controls for front lift other than you see the front/top of the slide indicating you're too high...

A lot of interesting questions being asked. Muzzle Flash, recoil, sights and on and on. Very interested in seeing the reviews come in and hopefully actually shooting one. Also wondering what the cost will be.

I have never had an issue with snagging with my P365. This looks like almost a step backwards. The sight looks like an easier to acquire guttersnipe which lacks the ability for precision aiming.

The ports will be nice especially for shooters with weak recoil management skills but I am not sure the recessed slide release and lock will be an ergonomic improvement.

Back