New shooter, I can't hit crap...

I've found that shooting crap can make it splatter...

HAH! Someone else who also believes you don't actually want to shoot crap. (at least not any that's too close to yourself or others). :)

More seriously, getting the butt of the gun snugged into your hand may help. When I first got my S&W I had trouble hitting my aimpoint. All the finger position on the trigger advice, anti-flinching practice, dry firing, etc did not help.

What helped was shooting my wife's 3913LS. It fits deeper into the web of my thumb and is more securely held that way. I tried to get my 6906 into the same position and, LO AND BEHOLD, real groups started to happen.

It may be that your dad's revolver fits your hand better/deeper/more securely without you thinking about it. And it may be that your dad automatically sets the gun into his hand at the "normal" place so his groups are accurate and tight.

So, practice dry firing all all that but see if you're holding the weapon correctly and securely as well. It really makes a difference.

Ok who chickend out and left me holding the bag of doo. the number two post has mysteriously fanished.

Sorry jibjab, RCracer got his pantys in a bunch and called me a jackass so I erased what I had written so as not to waste his precious time re-reading the "crap" that I had written that was off topic, it really pissed him off....

RCR:
sjstill, thanks for being above the age of 4. I know its hard for some people,, but they should really try
urbanassault, one post is funny. Four posts make you the jackass.

sjstill:
(sorry to give actual good advise instead of smartass comments)

You might also want to consider purchasing an air pistol so you can practice in your backyard or garage. Seriously.

Jerking and Bucking

If you are right handed? Jerking the trigger will put your slug high and to the right. Bucking will throw your slug low to the left. If you're left handed the affect will be: Jerking will put you high to the left and Bucking will put you low to the right.

kozak, I actually have a Daisy 693 .177 air pistol. I havent shot it in forever, i use to take it camping and shoot across the river with it,,, a good 50 yards, and hit this tree that had fallen down, Id have to give it a little kentucky windage, aim above it, and i got pretty good at hitting it, i could watch the BB arc all the way there, lol. Ill make a box to shoot at and try that too. thanks for the idea.

aj

Back