New Savage Axis XP .243 Winchester

While we are on the subject has anyone out there with a Savage Axis modified the spring to reduce the trigger pull? I am told a ballpoint pen spring can be used to substitute for the factory spring???? I will be using mine for shooting targets out to 200 yards with cast bullets (RCBS 95 SP-GC). From what I can tell the trigger on mine would be just fine if I was to use it for hunting.

While we are on the subject has anyone out there with a Savage Axis modified the spring to reduce the trigger pull? I am told a ballpoint pen spring can be used to substitute for the factory spring???? I will be using mine for shooting targets out to 200 yards with cast bullets (RCBS 95 SP-GC). From what I can tell the trigger on mine would be just fine if I was to use it for hunting.
I've heard of that too--but I have my doubts as to the tolerances of a ballpoint pen spring being made to last reliably. I personally wouldn't mess with the stock spring unless you were sure you knew exactly what you are doing. Closing the bolt and having a bullet let fly without pulling the trigger is something you don't want to take you by surprise. Don't ask me how I know this. The newer Axis 2's come with the excellent accutrigger I believe.

I have a 7mm-08 Savage Axis XP. I bought a trigger spring kit for it...it comes with a ballpoint like SS spring. It reduced the trigger pull to half and I definitely shoot better with it., Cost me $8.00 on E-Bay. However if I was to hunt with the rifle; I stay with the factory setup.

I have a 7mm-08 Savage Axis XP. I bought a trigger spring kit for it...it comes with a ballpoint like SS spring. It reduced the trigger pull to half and I definitely shoot better with it., Cost me $8.00 on E-Bay. However if I was to hunt with the rifle; I stay with the factory setup.
If you ever decide to do another axis, you can get that spring at a good hardware store for way under $.50.

Back