New S&W M27 broke!

41 Magnum , what time frame were those 686s made? I have owned my 686-4 6" since new in 1994 and no issues. Prior to that I had owned 3 late 1980s 686s with no problems.

41 Magnum , what time frame were those 686s made? I have owned my 686-4 6" since new in 1994 and no issues. Prior to that I had owned 3 late 1980s 686s with no problems.

First two were mid to late 90's, & the 4" was around 03 or 05. I originally loved the 686, but after trying to find just one good one three times, I just gave up ! The ones I had, all had the silver hammer & trigger, & now I've noticed that the hammers & triggers are not silver any more, but a darker color that looks from a distance like color case hardened finish. But, I'll never know because I'll not touch another one ! My GP's all have been slicked up by dry firing, ( actually not DRY, as all contact surfaces were coated with cheap toothpaste several times.) & have the Wolfe spring kits & Shim Kits installed, & they are amazing, especially the Match Champ !

My 657, & 66, are older ones, & the 617 has gone thru many 500 round bricks of .22LR & is perfect. I would not sell them for any price, but I'll probably never own another S&W, especially a new one.

Back