NEW Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39

Also, being a 2-300 yard cartridge, I don't think scopes that go beyond 4x are necessary.

I've always preferred more magnification due to my astigmatism, but even now after having Lasik I'm not gonna switch my scopes to lower powers. A light, compact rifle is just the sort of thing to carry around the farm for targets of opportunity. That may include a feral cat hunting for our few remaining quail, or a woodchuck making holes in the alfalfa field. I really wouldn't want to limit myself to 4 power for small targets at 200 yards. As a rule, critters in the field do not stand out from the brush like a blaze orange target on white paper.

Mine is here and it appears to be a solid rifle. I won't get to shoot it until next weekend, but have high hopes right now. Like Batman, this will replace my JM Marlin 336 in my truck. I just don't want to lose it to theft. I ordered a A2 Birdcage to screw on and protect the muzzle. I might change it later if I don't like the look. I am going to put a 1.5x5 Leupold on mine to start. I REALLY like the way this rifle handles and hope it works out.

Here is a quick pic of mine with a red dot... more to follow.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (17).jpg
    FullSizeRender (17).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 83
I can tell y'all that the Hornady Steel Case SST 123 grain ammo is much more accurate than the TulAmmo 124 grain SP. Close to an inch at 100 yards instead of the 1.75 inch groups I got with the TulAmmo.
Oh, and it kills hogs grave yard dead. :)

Back