New product from BigIron!

Third_Rail

We've come up with yet another great product called "Power Pellets" or "Power Pills" (we're still figuring the name out!). They are small tablets resembling aspirin that you put over the powder charge before a wad or projectile. You can expect an average of 200 FPS extra using these in almost any revolver - .31, .36, and .44 caliber pellets are available.

These are designed to give you that little extra bit of power when hunting game such as deer, bear, or boar. Also great for personal defense, as it's no problem to leave a revolver loaded with these over an extended period of time.

Cleanup is a breeze, as the pellets promote cleaner burning of blackpowder. These are also slightly less corrosive than straight blackpowder overall.

We expect these to be available in approximately 6 weeks.

Link.

TR,

BP itself is not very corrosive.

Until you can tell us what the pills are made from, in a general way, I don't know how many will use them.

I can see any number of compounds you could top the charge with to get more velocity. I can't see any that is what you could really call safe. When you put an enhancer at the very end of the fire column, and get a kick like that, it HAS to be a high energy compound, perhaps a compressed smokeless powder pellet.

Until we know what we are shooting, some of us might be less than enthusiastic about them. I understand where you say "for hunters", but, when you have already gotten 1000 fps from a round ball, I don't know if the extra 200 fps is such a big deal, especially not knowing what we are shooting, and as Smoke, elsewhere, calculates, a couple thou higher chamber pressure.

So, where are the stats on these things? You don't HAVE to tell us it is a double based powder, a lot of extra kick for a little added pill.

You DO have to tell us it is not a BP, as any claims against the makers will fail if they find we have been using any type of smokeless supplement.

Brown powder or grey powder, same thing. Not what is stamped on the barrel and writ many times in the book that accompanies every new pistol.

Then, too, if they are a dime a piece, why not shoot cartridge? We're getting into that neighborhood in cost per shot.

Cheers,

George

Do I sound negative? Us old farts will do that. Hell, Da Man might not even like the idea you have jumped on. Is he still alive? Are you and the other guy pushing stuff on his reputation? At the risk of getting the Dutchman pissed off, I don't even really like the "new bullet". I haven't tried it, it just does not look as though it would be aerodynamic. Not any better than many bullets on the market already. Not much better than the plain round ball.

Hi George!

Gawd love ya man! Good ta know old spiros nitterin nabobs of negativity yup i'm THAT old! remember him sayin it! are still around.

Now ifin ya p.m. yer #, tha KRAUT hint, he AINT a Holander, or a netherlander and he DONT cotton ta bein confused with one!

Might call ya fer a good shout! Trade on his rep? Oh boy! When he calls ya, pick an ear ya dont like no more, might not work fer awhile!

Course now, ya MIGHT wanta have a thing called a (Dont have one myself sos i dont know how ta spell it CURICULUM VITAY handy, cause you'll be talkin to a double PHD sos ya better be prepared ta defend yer thesis!

MARSH!

Notta bad point, now show us tha chemical formula fer pyrodex? Dont know it? How about H777? Does ya even know WAT PROPORTINPROCESS is tha black stuff? How about SwissvsGoex?

Gimmie a break! Bet ya dont drink coke cause ya dont know tha formula? Or eat, or drink anythin, or matter of fact, how ya livin!?

Gettin a bad case of intolerence from tha BOSS fer internet geniuses!

It is a mechanical mixture of various chemical compounds. Not clear enough? That's what blackpowder is, too.

These are a close cousin of blackpowder - closer than Pyrodex, closer than 777. These are not nitrated gylcerin, or nitrated cellulose, nor a mixture of the two; these contain NO smokeless powder.

Other than that, I'm not about to give away the formula.

Well, I draw filed that "BLACK POWDER ONLY" stamp off of my Pietta. Now, I can load it full of Bullseye powder if I want to! Signs are only worth what the reader gets out of them.

Kinda like the lady who jumped on the highway crew who were installing a deer crossing sign. Said they needed to put the sign somewhere else because there were too many deer crossing there already!

If Jule says the pills are O.K., that's good enough for me. I am the only one who is responsible for what I put in my pistol and I am the only one responsible if I make a dumb decision. If I'm uncomfortable with them, I won't use them. If I want to try them, that stamp on the barrel sure won't stop me.

Steve

Steve499 - I did the same thing, along with that infernal "Pietta" mark and the serial number. Legal, since it's not a firearm! :D

Notta bad point, now show us tha chemical formula fer pyrodex?

I don't know and don't care. I shoot the Holy Black! :)

Dont know it?

I don't know and don't care. I shoot the Holy Black! :)

How about H777?

I don't know and don't care. I shoot the Holy Black!:)

Does ya even know WAT PROPORTINPROCESS is tha black stuff?

Yep, sure do. Do you?

How about SwissvsGoex?

How about it?

Gimmie a break! Bet ya dont drink coke cause ya dont know tha formula? Or eat, or drink anythin, or matter of fact, how ya livin!?

:barf:

Gettin a bad case of intolerence from tha BOSS fer internet geniuses!

Then just maybe, you need to go somewhere else when I post!!:D

Many Irons,

If I recall correctly, it was "nattering nabobs of negativism". I was here, too.

If I'm right, Germans call themselves Deutchlanders, hence in the US were called Dutchmen. Hollanders and the like might also be called Dutchmen, but it was mainly Germans. Like our Pennsylvania Dutch, the Amish. Germanic descent.

I think they prefer to be called Deutch than Krauts. Kraut was a derogatory name from the 2 world wars. Of course Dutchy was a derogatory name from the 19th century in the US West, so who knows? Maybe some prefer one name over the other.

I am not a chemist. BP, I can tell you the composition of, and it varies with the companies.

The subs are made mostly with ascorbic acid bases. Some with sucrose base. So, no, I am not completely ignorant.

If the, your name, Kraut wants to chew my ear off, and I should choose the one I want to lose, I'll pick the one I can't use very well, anyhow. That way I can ignore the chewing out and just say "Uhuh" every once in a while.

I'm still not ready to try your pills till I get a report from some others, S499 for one, mebbe Mec, if he buys, or any of a number of guys who might try them. And, then, if the cost is too high, not even then. I don't hunt anymore, so an extra 200 fps won't do me much good. Paper takes a hole at 600 fps or less.

Good luck to you all with your products.

Cheers,

George

George, mec loves the bullets that you don't think would be very aerodynamic. Just FWIW. We're going to be sending him some "power pills" for testing, too.

Back