New P365

No offence meant and I can then assume Recoil Spring Assembly is correct.
If so what did you do to fix the problem?:)

It wasn’t my gun, so I gave it back to the owner, I did mention that I thought the recoil was a bit snappy and the Recoil Spring Assy might be suspect.

I picked up a P365 a few months ago at a gun show. I've fed it mostly 124s and 147s. I found the 147s to be much softer in felt recoil. I love the trigger and it fits well in my pocket ( in a holster!!!) Even with the 12-round magazine.

I liked this so much I bought a P320! Another fine pistol, IMHO. The triggers are very similar. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Springfield XD mod2s!

Giving it back to the owner is probably the very best fix I've ever heard of, wish you could do that with the evil gunshop consultant after purchase.
I think the snappy recoil is just the nature of the beast when dealing with a small lightweight micro pistol. Although my Kahr P9 seems a bit better in this respect. While thinking about it my other punybellums are both CZ's.
An all steel 85 Combat and a PCR, love the 85 Combat but to be honest the PCR is just as almost as accurate and doesn't seem to have more recoil. I'm thinking it has to do with ergonomics and the wider full grip helps absorb the recoil.

Brutus: said:
I think the snappy recoil is just the nature of the beast when dealing with a small lightweight micro pistol.

IMHO, my Walther PPS-M2 is a bit softer shooting gun than this P365. And any gun I carry has to be shootable or I’m just not comfortable carrying it. What I’m told is that SIG discontinued the P239 in favor of all the the P320 and P365 models they are selling, these are more profitable, cheaper to produce models. And I own a P239 SAS Gen2 and this is another great shooting carry gun. Not to downplay the newer SIG striker models but I just prefer the older model SIGs.

Back