New Option For Ruger Gunsite Scout

Congrats. Do they come only in .308?
Is the left hand standard for these. I note that one is offered right hand as an "option". :confused:

Not sure about that one, Rifleman. I thought that right handed was standard, with lefties being the option. So far as I know, they're still .308 only.

I saw that this morning, and the stainless option certainly has me wondering if I need another .308.

As I recall, they brought out the GSR in the right-handed version first, then very shortly thereafter brought out the left-handed version. It doesn't matter if one's an option and one is standard, they're both available. And now in stainless. Oh, my, decisions, decisions.

Very nice. If I hadn't just bought my GSR a few months ago I'd be coining for one of these most definitely! Hell, still may lol.

Today I set the wheels in motion...my dealer is fairly certain he can get the stainless GSR for me. I checked with the spouse, we did some figuring...I told him to go for it. Here we go!:D

The stainless GSR is officially on my list for 2013. I personally prefered the export version of the GSR myself, as I thought the 16" barrel was a little short for a .308. I also didn't care for the flash suppressor either. But now Ruger went and came out with this model, and it even includes a thread protector if you wish to do away with the flash suppressor. Looks like I better start saving my pennies.

The stainless version with the longer barrrel has been available for a while for export only. I always felt the 18" barrrel was a better choice, would prefer 20". Glad to see they finally started selling them here. When they offer that one with a lighter synthetic stock I'll be interested.

I don't think they have hit dealer shelves yet. Ruger updating their site with their new 2013 models, but it might take a couple of months for new product to start hitting stores, especially with the huge backlog of orders they have.

Auto426: I suspect you are right. I may hit the gun show anyway, to get what ammo and mags for my upcoming GSR I can find.

The best bet for magazines is the polymer versions. I plan on picking up some of the 5 rounders and 10 rounders eventually.

Back