New Moulds-again

Yeah, I only have 2 molds with one coming in december from Saeco. I have one lee 2 cavity 9mm tumble lube 115gr round nose. That one works awesomely. I have one m-p molds 2 cavity 9mm 125 gr hollow point (round and/or penta hollow points), or I can turn the pins around and get a 130 gr round flat point. That is the one I am using right now. It is only getting better as I learn more about casting. The Saeco mold I have coming is for 357 magnum 200gr 4 cavity round flat point. I hope it does as well as the m-p mold does.

As I just bought a Ruger GP100, I will probably be setting the 9mm aside until the newness of the 357 wears off.

I got a boost in that I got a good deal on a bunch old Lyman molds. I sold the ones I didn't want on eBay and with the proceeds bought other molds and handles. I still have a lot to learn about casting...

Tony

I have my next two project calibers picked out but haven't made any firm decisions on moulds. My 45-70/45-90 project is on it's third mould and my simple little 45acp project is on it's second mould. At this rate I'll be up over a dozen moulds before I run out of project calibers. Then I guess I'll have to add calibers, right?
How many of those moulds did you buy firearms for, Geezerbiker? ;)

When I scored on all the used molds, I had .430" molds and no gun for them. I now have 2 .44 mags, one revolver and a carbine.

I told my wife the universe was telling me I needed a .44 but she didn't go for that. I had to buy them on the sly. The rest of the molds were for guns I already had.

Tony

I don`t count any more !!! I cleaned up my neused 358311 it drops a nice round nosed bullet at 359 , polished out a ruff dropping cavity on my neused & HPed 357446 ,it drops a good round 360 swc.

Hopped on the mower to clean up some leaves from Madam Irene & smoked a pulley bearing :rolleyes: so reheated the pot & dropped some more HPs.

I still gotta try the Bare bottomed 358156 & a 311041 for the dirty-30 !
So much to cast & shoot so little time !!!

Back