New Lee Safety Prime - Ugghhhh

We usually discourage responding to old posts, but this is a legitimate reason, bringing closure to the problem. Thanks for posting the video.

It is interesting that the author mentions Lee recommending this fix. Perhaps they have too much money tied up in the injection mold to want to rework it to mold the parts correctly in the first place.

We usually discourage responding to old posts, but this is a legitimate reason, bringing closure to the problem. Thanks for posting the video.

It is interesting that the author mentions Lee recommending this fix. Perhaps they have too much money tied up in the injection mold to want to rework it to mold the parts correctly in the first place.
I was thinking the same thing. Funny that this is the "2nd" version of the "new" design, and it still doesn't work right out of the box. The old round one was great. Not sure why they ever changed it.

I think all the changes in Lee's priming equipment are to better isolate the supply of primers from the one being seated. This is to avoid the situation where the one being seated goes off and causes the concatenated explosion of the rest, which can be quite dangerous.

I must be the exception to the rule, my old safety prime literally works every time. Although when you get down to the last two or three primers you either add more primers or just dump them out and insert them by hand.

Back