New Gun for a buddy

Onslaught,

My take on the EAA Witness is that it is a lower quality clone of the CZ. I have examined and shot both CZs and EAAs side by side and I was not that impressed with the EAA Witness QC. I highly recommend that you try an actual CZ pistol if you ever get the chance. I actually bought mine without trying them out because they are so rare in gun shops and gun ranges (where they rent guns). I have not regretted buying my CZs one bit.

KelBench400: If the most bang for the buck is important to your friend then this thread is a no-brainer..The P-95 wins hands down. The Glock 9mm's are good sound pistols but they are no great VALUE as far as 9mm's go. Have you're buddy get the Ruger, save a bunch of money, and he'll have one of the best 9mm's on the market. Best, J. Parker

Beretta 92 series

The trigger is absolutely wonderful in both DA and SA. The gun has the lowest recoil of any 9mm I've ever used (SIG, HK, Glock, Ruger, S&W...) and it has a more "full" grip (no huge gaps under your palms). I don't think it will ever jam because the ejection port is long enough to feed a .44 MAG and the barrel is almost in line with the magazine (no steep feed ramp to jam on). Every part, with the exception of the right half of the safety lever, is machined, not stamped. Beretta is also one of the easiest guns to field strip.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with J. Parker with respect to the value associated with Glocks. In my opinion, they are THE best value (what you get for what you pay) on the market, with the possible exception of CZ's pistols.

Personally, I would pay the extra $100 each and every time for a Glock over the comparable Ruger. That's not to say that the Ruger's are bad pistols, because they most definitely are not. I have grown to love the fact that I have the same trigger in all of my semi-auto pistols, though, and have gotten far away from DA/SA guns.

Isn't it grand that there are so many manufacturers making great pistols so that we can all find the one(s) that we love? :D:D:D

I am going to respectfully disagree with both Bob Locke and J.Parker. :) I consider CZs to be the absolute best value in semi-automatic handguns.

I do agree that it is great that there are so many quality choices out there. There is enough quality handgun choices for nearly everybodys' preferences. The world would be such a boring place if we all agreed on everything. :D

Back