New Glocks. Slimline.

I preferred the S&W Shield to the G43, and I'm not all that thrilled about the 43X. That said, I am excited about the G48. It's the first new Glock model to really catch my interest in a long time. I handled one recently and it felt really good in the hand. Can't wait to shoot one.

You might wanna have your wife rent a Glock 43 at a range to try out. At a little over 16oz unloaded, it's a bit snappy. I carry one iwb when I'm not at work.

Echo that. I've shot the Glock 43 -- and, to my surprise, shot it well -- but it was indeed a snappy little beast. (Full disclosure: I don't own a subcompact and rarely shoot them, so my comments would probably apply to any 9mm pocket pistol.)

To the original poster ... I own both Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks, and I think, as promised, that the Gen 5's have better stock triggers. Other than that, I was perfectly cool with Gen 4, including the finger grooves. If you switch to an aftermarket trigger, the rest of the Gen 5 changes were marginal, so ... meh.

That said, I definitely want a Glock 45, and I'm interested in the 48 (even though I don't care for the two-tone).

Back