New Glock Model 45 9mm

Now if Glock would do a 19 slide on a 26 frame...

I just can't justify another glock. Maybe get rid of one of the old ones...

I was looking at one today and they are nice. I was looking for a carry 9 though so I bought the 43. My Sig .380 is my favorite when I'm wearing my cargo shorts but it had a tendency to turn and become difficult to grab when in my Levi's pocket. The 43 solved that little problem. The 45 printed badly on me either inside or outside the belt. If you can open carry without upsetting people, it seems like a nice choice.

Like the 19X, this isn't really designed with concealed carry in mind. It's basically Glock's version of the M18. For law enforcement some advantage is the shorter barrel so the pistol doesn't ride up as much as it would as a full length barrel when sitting with a belt mounted holster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I didn't expect to like the 19X. When I got the chance to shoot one, I was pleasantly surprised. And even though none of my guns have forward cocking serrations, I keep thinking those seem like a good idea. So the G45 seems like a winner to me, even if: (a) I don't think it needed its own model number; and (b) I think that a G45 should have been in .45 acp.

I think that a G45 should have been in .45 acp.
You know this already, but I'll say it anyway. Glock assigns its model numbers sequentially, and they fall where they may. Hence a Glock 22 is a .40 cal, a Glock 40 is a 10mm and a Glock 45 is a 9mm. (I kinda-sorta suspect the 19X accounts for the Glock 44 slot, but I dunno.)

But I'm with you. I think, for clarity, that Glock should have specifically skipped any model numbers that duplicate rounds commonly used in semi-autos, such 22, 32, 38, 40 and 45. But no one asked me.

Back