New Glock Model 45 9mm

JDBerg

https://youtu.be/zMFSqLpHYdg

New Glock 9mm, essentially a Glock 19x in standard black with the Gen5 flared magwell and the first time for factory front cocking serrations. Looks like another winner here, primarily intended for the LEO market and I agree with sootch00 that the 19x is the best shooting Glock that I own anyway.

Once I got the 19x, which I’ve liked since the first time out at the range, I thought wait & see if they don’t bring this one out dressed in a standard black package, and lo & behold, here it is!

Last edited:
I thought wait & see if they don’t bring this one out dressed in a standard black

I saw pictures of a 19X that had been refinished black, no doubt at considerable expense, and thought it looked a lot better than the usual mud color.
Now available ex works.

I'm waiting for the G666 finished in devil red to come out before I buy another Crock. They have not added anything since the G20SF that's anything better than the G3 models.

Never been a big glock fan, but the 19x fits my hand better than most. The grip size and angle just works for me.

This 45x with the front cocking serrations and flared magwell may be pulling me over to the dark side that is the world of Glocks.

I wonder if a compact frame will be the next to follow...

How does putting on a flared mag well and front cocking serrations make a "new" model? It's like calling a car with different coloured paint a "new" model. Geezuz.

I just don't understand the appeal of a full size grip with the shorter slide and barrel. The primary reason I prefer the G19 is for the smaller grip compared to the G17. If I feel the need for more ammo I can always use 17 or 33 round magazines in the G19. Having the grip smaller is the primary aid to carrying concealed. To me a smaller G19 grip with a longer G17 slide and barrel makes much more sense. Maybe this will be the G46.

And I never understood why the G19X was in the G19 family. It is really a G17 with a G19 slide and barrel. Why didn't they call it the G17X. With that thought in mind it makes some sense to name this the G45. It isn't really a G17 or G19.

Me? I like a semi-compact (which is what some gunmakers call a gun with a compact slide and a full-size grip.)

I would not be surprised to see some of the US military units now using Glock 19s switch to the new Glock 45 as they become available.

I wonder if a compact frame will be the next to follow...

Uum. That would just be a regular Glock 19.

Although if Glock came full circle and introduced the "new and improved compact model of the 19X" the universe would implode in hilarity.

I just don't understand the appeal of a full size grip with the shorter slide and barrel.

Commander-style 1911s have used this form factor for a long time and have been popular for a long time.

It also makes for a lighter duty gun with the full-size grip and ammo capacity of a full-sized pistol.

I had my issues with the 19x when it first came out, then I decided to get mine. Turns out that it’s such a good shooter, that i now like what I initially had reservations about (i.e. the coyote tan color).

Now I’m not crazy about the front cocking serrations and the flared magwell on this new model 45, but I could definitely live with it. And I think Glock will sell tons of this new gun.

Well, if we are to believe the information in the review the G45 was designed based on request from Law Enforcement. Now, if the request for this design were widespread or just a few Officers sitting around Waffle House in Smyrna talking to a GLOCK Engineer I guess we'll never know. However, I suppose, I can see how a slightly shorter barrel along with a full capacity magazine might be attractive to someone who carried all day and did not need to worry about concealment.

I just don't understand the appeal of a full size grip with the shorter slide and barrel. The primary reason I prefer the G19 is for the smaller grip compared to the G17. If I feel the need for more ammo I can always use 17 or 33 round magazines in the G19. Having the grip smaller is the primary aid to carrying concealed. To me a smaller G19 grip with a longer G17 slide and barrel makes much more sense. Maybe this will be the G46.

Actually, I was thinking a G26 frame with a G19 barrel, using a Pearce XL extension would be about as good as a Glock can get by cutting off that back corner and acting similar to bobtail on a 1911

How does putting on a flared mag well and front cocking serrations make a "new" model? It's like calling a car with different coloured paint a "new" model. Geezuz.

I agree. And they of course have to use another model number that is going to cause confusion. They already have a Glock 22 chambered in 40 S&W, the model 40 is of course a 10MM, and now a 45 chambered in 9mm...

I know my local gun store has order magazines for a Glock 40 and then the customer was angry after they showed up and the magazines were for a 10MM and this was after the shop owner made sure to clarify that the customer want model 40 10MM magazines and not 40 S&W magazines.

Apparently this was designed from Law Enforcement requests for a black G19X service pistol, and Glock took it upon themselves to create perhaps the greatest Glock duty pistol in human history. Do want!!

I get the impression Glock has run out of ideas. They have successful products so no need for dramatics. First it was a single pin at the locking block, then it changed to two pins. Now the model 45 appears to be back to a single pin.

I thought the G19 already had a flaired mag well. Flairing the mag well is needed on a single column mag, less so for tapered double stack IMO.

I wonder about those that voice disliking the squared triggergard. Maybe its a small minority with a big voice. Personally I generally prefer squared

Yep. Pretty sure mod. 45 was developed for uniformed L.E. not concerned with concealment. Think they would want a black gun instead of the tan 19x. They do have the 19 and 26 in the gen 5. Got to say that the 19x trigger is the best box stock trigger I have ever felt on a glock. To me, the trigger was the big improvement with the gen 5s.

Back