• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New Forum Idea "TEST"

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: When was the post smiley capacity limit reduced? :mad: :confused: Was it done by constitutional legislation, :( or were our rights to hi-smiley capacity posts limited by executive order?
barf.gif
What is the Smiley Users of America doing about this? :p Is there a sunset provision on this limit. :cool:
Eric

(Heh, heh, heh.) First the smilies: 8...7...6...5...
going, going, gone!

Then signatures longer than ten lines, then eight lines...7...6, etc. until the longest sig will fit on one line.

We don't want to eliminate sigs, just control the length of them.

(Wait until we start on *post* length! heh, heh, heh.)
(The power mad know no bounds.....)

My guess would be that the Smiley Limit is to protect us form the Hords of Attack Moles that seem to show up from time to time (usually in response to something Sensops says)

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited June 06, 2000).]

(Wait until we start on *post* length! heh, heh, heh.)

It's already happening in my state. The last two times I've started the new End of Summer Meet threads the server wouldn't except them as written. :confused: I had to break it into two parts to get it to post.:bark:
No it doesn't really make me want to puke, I just hadn't had the opportunity to use them yet. :cool: Don't get a chance to use the little feller in the glasses often either. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger TFL Imperial Potentate

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Sounds like another conspiracy.
But there's nothing wrong with being paranoid, if you're 'right'... ;)

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

I think we need to form a grassroots org to stop this madness of limiting smileys per post. We can march in front of Dennis house (where the tree is cut down) with posters of smileys NO SMILEY CONTROL! MY IDEA OF SMILEY CONTROL IS PUTTING THE APPROPRIATE SMILEY IN A POST! DON'T BE A VICTIM, SMILE. :D

This madness is taking its toll on me :)

------------------
Sandys' Homepage
RKBA forums
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica
Safest place to be, the TFL meet! August 12&13

OK, I've gotta go back to this "emu" story.
Has anyone noticed the suspicious resemblence of this story to Cujo????

Cujo: A young woman is terrorized by a rabid dog. She is trapped in her car and can't get to the house.

Emujo :confused: : An old woman is terrorized by hungry emus and can't get out of the house to get to the car.

(hmmm...kinda fishy....sensop watching Cujo after one too many Shiners????)
:D :D :D :D :D (making sure not to exceed my limit).... :D

Did someone say that sensop was bringing Cujo to Springfield? Alright!
Bet he can guzzle his weight in Shiners...
Maybe he can swap for Gertie after all.

Where can I join the RKBS? (the Right to Keep and Bear Smileys) :)

have tape, will travel

------------------

I don't know about Emu's tasting like chicken but I heard, oh no.............. I'm not saying.
barf.gif
barf.gif
barf.gif

Foxfire I sure hope your tape travels well, I sure would hate you get here and you not have any tape when I have been looking forward to this so much. :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Sensops..

Oh man. My greatest fears have been confirmed.... It has started already! Looks like it's time for Fowl Terrorist Part II. :D

OK, I signed the papers. Somebody called it "informed consent".

My guardians signed over the custody paper work to the moderators. But they don't know the judge never signed the order.

They mumbled something about a "paid test subject".

I just want to know, do I have to study for the test :confused: and whats the pay?

And, whats this note at the bottom of the paperwork about "test rejected by Human Subjects Approval Committee"? :p

And this other note "TEST SUBJECT REJECTED by Order of SCI". :mad:

Jim in IN :D

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Gunny,

Evidence of a cross-species consiracy is irrefutable! It does look like the stakes have been raised!

The time is nearing! It's the Gathering. I feel it! Aye! Fowl beasts!

Terri,
Rest assured that the tape, like my powder, will be dry and well cared for. With Sensop on the move again, sounds like I'll have to bring at least a case of the 'sticky' stuff, for all the upcoming activities. :)
Thankfully, it has hundreds and hundreds of uses, much like an emu... ;)

have tape, will travel...

------------------

Just read it in USA TODAY:
Global Vending Machine... blah blah blah... Emu Jerky... blah blah blah...
Seriously - check todays issue in the Life section. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back