New fixed power scope SWFA or Leupold

;)

I received this 10X SSM in '99 and it has thousands of round shot and I prefer it to my Leupold 3-10 M3 LR. I remove it for transport and cleaning and it always shoots to the same point the next time I mount it. I don't know if anything has changed in how they are made now but I did hear SWFA changed manufactures at some point in the last ten years.

t001_zps2b133a5c.jpg

Cheers
..MJ..

Currently manufactured SWFA scopes are better than Leupold's - what really stands out to me compared to Leupold is glass clarity, their more expensive scopes are on par with Nightforce. They have a lifetime warranty and their customer service is pretty good, which can also be said for Leupold.

In that price range i agree. Leupold though has re-entered itself in the top of the line optics with their new Mark 4 (locking turret), Mark 6s, and Mark 8s. Of course they also hold the price of S&B, USO, and premier. They made some strides for sure though.

SWFA SSs are built in Japan and they are quality scopes, possibly the very best for the money.

Of course, nothing wrong with a Leupold! I had a fixed 10 Leupold on my M21 while in the service that took some serious abuse and never lost its zero.

If you are going to deal with SWFA check out their website at samplelist.com. They sell many brands of demo and refurbished optics, including their own, for highly discounted amounts.

fixed power scope

I am a Leupold (pronounced Loopold) scope guy forever. I took a heck of a fall packing an elk out a few years ago and thought nothing of it ,the next year I went out to the range to check my zero and the holes were all over the target. Deer season was 2 weeks away, I took the scope out to the factory they first offered to replace it but I wanted mine fixed due to some laser engraving on it they said they were really backed up and couldn't possibly get it done that soon so the lent me a brand new scope identical to mine. I filled 2 deer and an elk tag that year. When the season was over I took back there scope and got mine back. Best warranty in the business with no fine print

David R

that was damn nice of them to loan you a scope, congrats on the successful hunt, and the customer service. I had a buddy with a Leupold 4x fixed that failed during a hunt (reticle fell out of center on the shot) several years ago. Took them 3 months to get it back to him, it's worked great ever since.

Back