New favorite ccw

I mean the construction and debacle of the +1 factory mages, and the secret follower update by Kahr :)

I too would have a CM9 right now if it weren't for the Sig P365.

Glad your happy with the Kahr original poster. In no way is anyone saying it's not a good choice. Yeah, you're probably going to experience the same feelings some of us have posted about Kahr when they picked up the P365 :) Best avoid checking it out :D

I looked into the metal follower, and it looks like when they're gone, they're gone.

This was written in red: "*Limited quantity available. Will not be restocked."

The aluminum one is $25, and the polymer is $11.

It's not the metal part that changed it.

There are the "old" style with a bump in the middle and the new style without the bump in the middle of the follower.

It was to improve feeding. The 40 breaking followers is it's own thing too.

I've had a lot of pistols in the last 20 years. I found one recently that I am absolutely loving -a Kahr pm9. I cannot believe how well recoil is controlled with this one. Full disclosure, I did put a hogue slip on over the grip. Still and all, if I didn't know it wasn't a 380, I would think that it was. It seems to recoil less than my p9 which also has very manageable recoil.

I will be carrying this on a regular basis from here on out.
You made a good choice there, because the Kahr is a good gun.

Oh, and one other thing....if you think the PM9 shoots nicely, you should get your hands on an MK9! I greatly regret getting rid of mine. Being all metal, the lack of recoil is amazing.

I always thought the mk9 was gorgeous since I first saw one when they first came out. I never did buy one. Maybe someday...

Kahr Premium line for carry

The biggest advertising coup in concealed carry firearms, in the last few years, is the myth of every concealed carry person, must have high capacity magazines, in their small sized carry guns. IE: Sig 365, Springfield Hellcat, 10 or 11 rounds in their magazines. The average gunfight in the concealed carry world, USA, is 4 or 5 rounds fired, in seconds, from three yards. Reality is, you are highly unlikely to be in a "John Wick" super capacity gunfight. People have been concealed carring for decades now, with 1911s, Walter PPK, and other 7 or eight round pistols, just fine. They carried extra mags too, and become proficient in reloading their pistols. Nothing wrong, with carrying higher capacity magazines in your pistol, that is your choice. However you are well served with 7 or 8 round magazines. I have carried both types. I am fine with my Dan Wesson 1911 Vigil CCO .45acp, or Kahr all black, P9. They carry 7 or 8 round magazines. Works for me fine. By the way, that doesn't mean People that carry 7 or 8 round magazines in their pistols are nuts, or second class pistoleros.

When I first got my Kahr CM9 it was a jam fest. I finally figured out that the tip of the next round was catching on the slide lock release lever and pushing it up, so my slide kept locking before the magazine was empty. I had to take my dremel tool and grind a few thousandths off of the part that was catching on the bullets in the magazine. From that point on, it has functioned flawlessly.

The Kahr CM9 has since been my main carry pistol for the last 10 years, especially in the summer where you can easily carry in your shorts pocket. I've been considering the P365 for about a year now, and when Oregon passed measure 114, I figured it was time to act before I had to go through the maze of requirements to buy a new gun, and before the ban on "large capacity" magazines went into effect.

Mine came with 3 12 round magazines, so I ordered 3 10 rounders to make myself compliant should this measure ever become law. I've had one range session with the P365, and I am impressed with how it feels in my hand, the accuracy, and the trigger. I'll still carry both, but in the winter with heavier clothing, I think the P365 will be my main carry pistol, once I've fired it enough and am satisfied with it's reliability. All things being equal, I like the extra rounds.

Last edited:
Hm...that isnt right in my mind.

The p365 has probably the best trigger of any single stack. If the p938 was the best, it is pretty bad. I own
two SAS models. I know it is better than my gen5 g19.

The p365 is also smaller than most all single stacks.

Real night sights.

With the xl, a non gun person could own it and have no real need for a full sized compact.

Like the Kahr, but it does have a earned history of issue. The p365 has no current issues.

No. The p365 changed the market with something new, not just creating a want.

I’ve owned two Kahr K9’s. A T9, a PM9 and a MK 40. The MK 40 was never quite as reliable as I’d wanted.

All the others ran great. Traded. Sold. Given to friends. I miss the PM9 the most.

I picked up a Sig P365. That guns a game changer for me.

Back