New favorite ccw

gunhappy

I've had a lot of pistols in the last 20 years. I found one recently that I am absolutely loving -a Kahr pm9. I cannot believe how well recoil is controlled with this one. Full disclosure, I did put a hogue slip on over the grip. Still and all, if I didn't know it wasn't a 380, I would think that it was. It seems to recoil less than my p9 which also has very manageable recoil.

I will be carrying this on a regular basis from here on out.

A friend of mine used to have a PM9 when they first came out and I had a lot of time shooting it (he had a MK9 Elite before that which I also got a lot of time behind the trigger). I am a huge fan of the small Kahrs. Even though I have several guns that make it unneeded, the PM9 and even MK9 are still high on my wish list.

For me, my favorite carry gun (I haven't had a chance to carry it yet, but I've put around 600-700 rounds through it at the range over the last month) is my SIG P365. Like the Kahr, it shoots like a bigger gun (even more so than the Kahr). It is accurate, a smooth shooter, and has been 100% reliable thus far. Yet, it is small enough to be concealable in nearly every situation.

I had a Kahr K9 when it first came out and I absolutely loved that gun.

I sold it to a friend around the time that I bought a Smith & Wesson Centennial, which I liked even more as a carry gun.

A few years ago I happened on the Walther CCP. I've never had a gun fit my hand better. I've been slowly working it up to be my primary carry gun, but that's been hindered by COVID and ammo shortages.

I had a Kahr K9 when it first came out and I absolutely loved that gun.

I sold it to a friend around the time that I bought a Smith & Wesson Centennial, which I liked even more as a carry gun.

A few years ago I happened on the Walther CCP. I've never had a gun fit my hand better. I've been slowly working it up to be my primary carry gun, but that's been hindered by COVID and ammo shortages.
The CCP is one I keep considering and would almost certainly buy if only they made a version without the rail.

I had a k9 that broke a striker. Made me not trust it. I repaired it and sold it. Fit my hand great. Bought another years later. Didn’t shoot well. Sold it. K9 is no longer on my list

Had a Kahr MK40 in the late '90s which gave me too many problems in too little time, so I sold it and told myself I'd never buy another Kahr.

A few years ago I started seeing a lot of rave reviews on youtube about the PM9 and CM9. I jumped on a used "never fired" CM9 for a great price on Armslist. Took it to the range and ran 250 rounds of Fed AmE 124gr FMJ with zero malfunctions/issues of any kind. No "break in" stuff, no making sure to use the slide release to chamber the first round, none of that. Just load it up and let it eat. This one's a keeper.

I did polish the feed ramp, smooth the trigger bar, and add Talon grip tape before going to the range.

That's great to hear. It certainly is small and I've owned lots of Kahrs. I had a CM9, but my PM series was the PM40.

Make sure you poke around about the updated follower Kahr secretly put out.

Watch for "smilies" on your carry ammo. Just good to know if you are getting it from the Kahr feed ramp.

Watch your mags for splits.

Magguts might be considered an upgrade to the stock magazine guts. Something to consider.

Just good information to know the Kahr feels like a revolver, but the striker is at 90% cocked.

My CM9 next to my P3AT
Nj6cBoct.jpg

PM9 does have less felt recoil than a LCP 380 - IMO.
My PM9 is carried in weak hand front pocket as a 2nd option* (AKA "back-up) to a Glock on belt.
*Option to put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying and/or quick access with non-dominant hand in the event that my dominant hand is "unavailable".

Lot less recoil than an lcp. I didn't really view it as a pocket piece. It does however, work very well for that in my pocket.

All my Kahrs have been excellent shooters. Nice quality and thin for conceal carry.

Attachments

• 3AEE9B9B-7B6A-42D4-9249-B70CB3EEE1C3.jpeg
    3AEE9B9B-7B6A-42D4-9249-B70CB3EEE1C3.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 99
"Magguts might be considered an upgrade to the stock magazine guts. Something to consider."

I have a 6rd mag with the +1 Magguts kit, but haven't tested it yet, so it gets carried with a regular 6rd mag. Next range trip I'll put 200 reloads through the +1 mag and see how it does. Thanks for the reminder.

I used to have the CM-9; not a bad gun, but when the SIG365 came out and I overlaid one on top of the other, it became no contest. Much better trigger and basically double the capacity in the same size.

Re: MAGGUTS, I have them in my P365 mags and they work just fine. 14+1 in the P365 is pretty dang impressive. Sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread. I've had a PM9 and still have a CM9. I really like Kahr triggers. Long, but butter smoooth.

No worries on the thread hijack. I love this gun and can see me sending a lot of rounds downrange to become proficient where all rounds go center. Our department uses Glock 21s so it's a heckofa muscle memory retraining. Thanks everyone for the comments:)

Let us know how the Magguts work in your Kahr. Honestly interested.

I don't have anything nice to say about the Kahr magazine. Usually I am wary of Magguts over stock, but carry it on my LCP.

With the Kahr, anything is better than stock in my mind :)

If you like the PM9 and have any similarities to my experience, you'd love the P365.

I caught someone on a bad day when I said the P365 and Kahr are the same size like FITASC, but the reality is the are the same in the pocket, especially because of Kahr's huge slide release.

This thread had me think about getting another CM9. But surprised to see the CM9 has gone up in price unlike the other single stacks that have gone down. P365 does nearly everything for me.

Good luck!

I don't have anything nice to say about the Kahr magazine.

When I first bought mine, I went to the Kahr forum and found that the springs in the mags were very often installed backwards resulting in poor performance. There was a You Tube video showing what to do. Once I ensured mine were correct, they performed without issue. As mentioned above, the triggers were long but butter smooth and I would still have it if SIG hadn't turned the micro world upside down with the 365

Back