New Colt Python Subnose?

3" isn't a snubby in my opinion... 2.75" is still a snubby, but 3" feels different, too long to be a snubnose. I agree with AB, it's subjective. We all look at them differently.

In every carry scenario I can envision, I would much prefer a 3" snub-nose over anything shorter.

3" barreled revolves are duty length, not snub-nosed. Technically 2.5 & 2.75" are not really snubbies either, but they stand that sand in the arena of public perceptions. True snubbies are the little 2" or shorter pocket revolvers, S&W M36, Colt Cobra, ect.

3" barreled revolves are duty length, not snub-nosed. Technically 2.5 & 2.75" are not really snubbies either, but they stand that sand in the arena of public perceptions. True snubbies are the little 2" or shorter pocket revolvers, S&W M36, Colt Cobra, ect.

Curious-where did you find these definitive definitions? Who says (other than yourself) that "true" snubbies have 2" or shorter barrels; that "technically", 2.5" and 2.75" barreled revolvers aren't really snubbies either? Just curious about your source(s).

It's all subjective. I found one article that classified a 4-5/8" Colt SAA as a "snubnose" -- on the grounds that it's shorter than the 7-1/2" Cavalry Model and the 5-1/2" Artillery Model.

I agree.It (defining a "snub-nosed" revolver via barrel lengths incrementally) is, almost by definition, all subjective, at least to a substantive degree; which makes declarative assertions suspect in terms of constituting "definitive definitions".

Back