New Colt Python Subnose?

shurshot

As CZ just acquired Colt, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to reach out to them and let them know there is interest in a Colt Python Subnose in ultimate stainless steel (at least from me anyhow!). I emailed CZ this am as I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! ;)

If anyone else is interested it wouldn't hurt to reach out. First the 6", then the 4.2 was offered, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snubby Python! :cool:

Here is the link;

https://cz-usa.com/support/contact/

I couldn't find an e-mail link for Colt, only a phone number. Spent far too much time on hold with Colt before.

I don’t see a Python snubby anytime soon. Colt has the Cobra snubby .38 and the King Cobra.357 with a 3 inch barrel

I'd take a python snubby if for no other than the cool factor and keeping my 686 snubby company assuming one of those get made too!

Three inch.
Three inch revolvers are a cult object and the few 3" Old Pythons are a great rarity.
A 3" New Python should be popular.

I have to confess that the only time I was smitten with a snubby .357 was with my old Smith 640.

Why did I love it? Well, when I fired it indoors at a 7 yard paper target, the muzzle blast alone ripped the paper.
I used it as a carry gun in the pawn shop. I liked the idea of a ...close range...fireball enveloping a threat.

When I retired, I sold it. I like my .357s to be 5 or 6 inch to actually USE the power.

:)

Yup, I love the Fireball my S&W 19-3 snubby Combat Magnum throws. But I want the 2.5" SS Python because it looks cool, not for tons of shooting. 686 snubby is on the way for shooting.

It's pretty sure Colt will offer different length barrels for the new Python.
You might see them first as a custom limited run for a big distributor like Talo, followed by standard factory production.

In the near future, look for a new model revolver from Colt.
It's a larger snake. :)

dgludwig said:
In every carry scenario I can envision, I would much prefer a 3" snub-nose over anything shorter.
I guess this is something else that's subjective, but you are the first and only person I have ever encountered who has referred to a revolver with a 3-inch barrel as a snub-nose.

Thanks for the heads-up. I already have a three-inch barreled King Cobra. Carried it this weekend. Below is a not-so-good photo of it and a SW M19. I really lie the King Cobra for a carry revolver. While I don't need a three-inch barreled Python, it has sort of been on my list of wants for a long time.

evYQ3i6.jpg

I'd like to see them bring back the Diamondback in .38+P

They used to make one in 2 1/2" but 3" but be very hard to resist. A little smaller and lighter than the Python for edc.

I guess this is something else that's subjective, but you are the first and only person I have ever encountered who has referred to a revolver with a 3-inch barrel as a snub-nose.

My Ruger police six has a 2.75" barrel and was always considered a snub nose since they didn't make them any shorter. Pretty dang close to 3 inches!LOL

If you're interested in a "for instance", check out the revolver forum in the High Road site currently discussing what constitutes "snubbies".

Back