New Colt Python Elite: Stainless or Royal Blue?

• Thread starter Thread starter BB
  • Start date Start date
I like stainless revolvers. Colt really should offer both finishes if they want to sell a bunch.

This brings to mind a question. My understanding is that all the Pythons produced over the last couple of years have been assembled by a subcontractor from "leftover parts". Is this the case? If so, will that change with a new production run? Not trying to cast aspersions on the Pythons of recent manufacture. I'm sure they are up to Colt's standards. Just curious about both questions.

To clarify, I believe all the Pythons made in the last year or two,a good many of them high dollar Python Elites,were outsourced for assembly. Not casting any stones,just curious.

Definately weigh in on the Blue side. Nothing wrong with stainless, but that beautiful Royal Blue finish was as much a part of the Python mystique as the gun itself.
Take Care

Royal Blue would be my first choice for the reintroduced Python. Why? Because its seems like traditional polished blue guns are produced less and less these days. I'd like to see more of them. JMHO.

Greetings folks, I'm the new guy on the block. I always preferred blue guns to stainless and the old Colt Royal Blue was among the finest ever. I had that finish on a pre-70 National Match and it was like looking into clear water 6' deep.

Viejo

I would plan on buying both if the quality is there. I would probably get the blued first though. This would be the fist gun my dad ever let me shoot and it would really be a nostalgic addition to my collection. I think I would also buy him one just to say thanks.

This makes me think about how it seems when a company tries to reproduce something it gve up on it just never seems to be as good as the first time around. I really hope that they do a good job becasue now i am going to wait on getting my first revolver until they start coming out with these babies.

I prefer blue for nostalgic reasons. The first Python that I handled was blued and I fell in love sith it immediately. I will probably end up getting one in stainless and another one in blue steel :D

I have 3 beautifully blued Diamondbacks, and a 4" bright stainless Python. If I could find a beautifully blued Python of the same quality as my Diamondbacks I'd get it. Just not decided between 4" and 6". I prefer 4" barrels, but I've got a 4" stainless, so.....maybe I would get both barrel lengths.

The Python was MADE to be finished in Colt's Royal Blue. All the other finishes are just options, but then I'm old fashioned. Of course Royal Blue may be too labor intensive to be cost effective.

IF you're going to actually shoot the gun the by all means get the stainless. The Colt royal blue is strikingly beautiful but it looks REALLY bad with holster wear on it.

I don't care if Colt makes the darn thing candy stripped as long as it has an action like the one's back in the 60's and 70's. Otherwise, it is just an expensive paperweight.

Maybe it's just my body chemistry, but I have bad luck with "Blue Guns", including Colt's. Swore it would be stainless, or one of the "tactical" colors of Glock, Beretta, Sig-Sauer (sorry, can't remember the proprietary names at this time). I will never be in the market for a blue gun, unless somebody can show me something incredibly durable AND beautiful.

Back