New Colt Python Elite: Stainless or Royal Blue?

• Thread starter Thread starter BB
  • Start date Start date

BB

Colt is going start making the Python Elite again. Which would be your choice, the Royal Blue carbon steel or the polished stainless steel?

Blue, unless you live on a boat. Colt's blue is superb (at least in the old days). It's should also be smoother action than SS.

112 veiws and only 7 responses? Pretty piss poor fellas.

I'm doing this because a guy from Colt asked, so this could help determine which is produced first.

So please, if you ever considered a Python, lets hear your input.

Theyre still struggling to get Colt back on its feet, so they can only handle one model to start.

ROYAL BLUE!

I have a 6" Python I bought in the mid 1970's. Beautiful piece of machinery. When I finally check out of this world my family will pack me with a bottle of JD, a box of Monte Cristo #1's and my Python.

A stainless Python is an oxymoron, sort of like a Garand with a plastic stock or a Win94 with a 10X sniper scope.

I'd like to get a ROYAL BLUE Python with a 4 inch bbl to go along with my 6 incher.

My bride of 30 or so years has a .22 Diamondback in blue. Another piece of gorgeous machinery - the revolver that is, not the wife. True she is gorgeous, the wife that is, but, what the heck, I'm going to get in trouble here.....

The Royal Blue is beautiful but . . .

it is not real durable. It should be decided whether the gun is to be a looker or a shooter. Fraser, best to say no more around here if'n you don't want to get dug up.

Regards.

Python

I had both a blue and a stainless Python Elite. I prefered the royaL blue, but the stainless had the best trigger. Anyway although it was hard to do I sold the the stainless and kept the blue which is beautiful and is not going to get shot anyway. If I was going to shoot it I would get the stainless. I have a couple other Pythons for shooting.
westendg

My only Python is a Royal Blue four inch from 1961. If they can match that quality of finish I vote for blue.

Back