New Cap and Balls?

I've heard there's an old adage that also applies to the LeMat: The two happiest days of owning a LeMat are the day you receive it and the day you sell it. It might have appealed to the southern officers with it's 9 shots & shotgun barrel but I think a pair of loaded Colts would be plenty of firepower. I wonder if any of those Confederate officers ever actually killed a Yankee with a LeMat.

Forty years ago there was almost NOTHING in the way of BP and period weapons being made, yet consumer demand brought many to life again.

Actually, it was not consumer demand that brought about all the Cap & Ball revolvers that appeared on the market around 60 years ago, it was the vision of one man. The Centennial of the Civil War was about to happen, and Val Forget II realized there would be a market for reproduction C&B revolvers. So he teamed up with Aldo Uberti to produce the first Italian made replica revolver, a replica of the Colt 1851 Navy. Val's company Navy Arms was off and running with the new revolver, and everything that happened after that was a direct result of his vision.

You're right Driftwood. When I bought my first cap and ball revolver over 45 years ago, there were quite a number of various types available-Colt's 1860s, 1851s, Wells Fargo models, Remingtons, etc.

I reckon she took literally that old saying in the old West, "go out without your pants on but never without your gun".;)

And to think that picture was taken when she was 30 and had 2 kids to boot. Most women can only dream of looking like that ever. Is it any coincidence the she ends up in the top 3-5 of hottest, sexiest or best looking women listing?

Getting back to guns I don't think any models other than the current ones will be made. In the past 15-20 years has seen a steady decline in the types of replica BP guns made and the number of manufacturers. The market is shrinking.

Back