New California Ammo Buying Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when 32-20 ammo came in rifle and handgun loadings?

If I was a manufacturer of ammunition I would have (for example) 357 Mag Handgun ammo and 357 Mag Rifle ammo. Make the loads slightly different, but still safe for each category and mark the boxes differently.

Might also consider nickel plating the rifle cases and leaving the handgun cases brass.

Please explain to me. . . . .why does anyone live in California?

Monument asked, Please explain to me. . . . .why does anyone live in California?

If you come to San Diego in summer, and come again in winter, you'll figure out why. The Navy sent me here many decades ago. Because I fell in love with this place, I've called it home ever since.

Cordially, Jack

California could be the best place on earth but unfortunately it has been destroyed by politicians of a certain party and illegal aliens. I could stand that we are taxed up the wazoo but all the stupid gun laws and lack of CCW permits is icing on the mess.

If you come to San Diego in summer, and come again in winter, you'll figure out why. The Navy sent me here many decades ago. Because I fell in love with this place, I've called it home ever since.
For someone who moved there decades ago, no doubt it was easy to find an affordable home in a nice neighborhood. Damn near impossible now.

Interesting!!

Same thing is happening in Colorado Springs. Three + military bases, lots of national forests, great hunting and camping areas, few gun laws, lots of area gun shows, concealed carry encouraged, lower taxes + $25,000 state tax exemption on retired income.

Colorado Springs is one of the best kept secrets in Colorado. .until a military family gets stationed here. Then most of them retire here and bring in their relatives!

USAF Retired

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Monument asked, Please explain to me. . . . .why does anyone live in California?

Cordially, Jack

Currently I cant thing of a single good reason to live in California, our taxes are through the roof, gun laws suck, housing is in the toilet, we hate business, and our education system is a joke. However if u want a state that has great weather all year around in the south, or like rain and snow in the north, then come on over.

The efficacy of written law in CA to prevent gun crime is best displayed by the killing of a young black man by an illegal Hispanic a couple of years ago. The illegal had been released from prison less than 24 hours before. He used a handgun. He was in prison on a felony.

Laws broken/ignored:

• Illegal entry to the US.
    Illegal foreigners are forbidden from buying/possessing firearms.
    Felon in possession of a firearm.
    Violation of terms of parole.
    Selling a firearm without an FFL, appropriate paperwork, registration of the transaction with CA.
    Selling a firearm to a felon.
    Carrying a concealed firearm without a permit.
    Murder.

My faith in written law to protect me is less than my faith in the local police to be at my side exactly when I need them. No disrespect for the police, I know they will do a nice report of my demise, and maybe catch the perp.

I cannot carry concealed around here because my TX permit is not honored (though TX honors CA permits) and "self-defense" is "inadequate good cause". The sheriff and local police claim to control crime. As to the drive-by that killed two people a couple of miles away, I assume therefore the sheriff and local police approved. I hope to remain unknown to them or on their good side...

AB 962 is less than useless.

I see it says " All orders for in-stock handgun ammunition shipped to customers in California must be placed by Jan. 21, 2011 " Does this mean non stock can still be bought online?

They are probably going to simply suspend sales to CA residents (and they are not going to take a back order either).

Parker Case Fully Briefed

I am one of the attorneys working on the California Rifle & Pistol Assocation Foundation (NRA supported) challenge to AB 962 (Parker v. California). I just wanted to let everyone know that the case is now fully briefed before the court. The Honorable Judge Hamilton has agreed to rule on the lawsuit prior to February 1, 2011, and has scheduled oral arguments for January 18. If you want more details on the case and its status, there is an article on www.calgunlaws.com

Chuck Michel, Clint Monfort and Sean Brady are among the top 2A attorneys in CA. They are in the forefront of several challenges to various CA gun laws.

Sean has gone out of his way to post some things on other boards. I have invited him here in the past, to break certain news. Out of modesty, he declined, giving the lead to myself.

I heartedly welcome you to the Firing Line, Sean.

Thanks for the kind words, Al. My screen-name is usually sbrady@Michel&Associates (it is Chuck Michel's firm), but symbols are not allowed in your name on this site and then I ran out of space in trying to do it without symbols. Anyways, Al the reason I made this announcement instead of giving you a heads up was that I have already made it on various sites and I figured it would just be easy for me to post it here too. And, I like the atmosphere here and intend on posting more often. We will keep everyone updated on the status of the Parker case.

Sean, I'm glad we have men like you fighting for us! California is a tough political environment for gun rights. Hope you are successful in getting this ridiculous ammunition purchase screening law thrown out. Thanks for all your efforts.

Thank you for the kind words Pilgrim, but it is my honor to do this work. And, there is no need to thank me, my clients the NRA and CRPA Foundation are the ones to thank for employing my firm to take on these fights. Without them it would not be getting done to the extent it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back