New Brass

Yes, resize it. It may or may not "need" it. My reason is consistency. Each set of dies will be slightly different including the ones at the factory. I want all my ammo to be the same. I want the same neck tension and headspace for every load. Only way I know to do that is to size all my brass in my set of dies, including new brass.

I just yesterday got some new Winchester .45 colt brass. It had to be resized. I would have had to disassemble every round if I had loaded them

I neck size and trim new brass even if it looks OK. I figure it makes them more consistent and I I'd rather be too picky than to lax it my loading procedures.

Tony

Yes, resize it. It may or may not "need" it. My reason is consistency. Each set of dies will be slightly different including the ones at the factory. I want all my ammo to be the same. I want the same neck tension and headspace for every load. Only way I know to do that is to size all my brass in my set of dies, including new brass.

Good luck with that. It all springs back a tad different so its never going to be the same.

If its needed, that is fine. Note I said to check.

If its not needed then its a preference or an opinion not something that has any basis of fact.

Do you pull down your factory ammo and size the cases? I would like to see that!

I have looked at tons of cases in bags, none of them was in a condition that made sizing a factor (all bright shiny spanking new)

Back