New Ballistics Tests of Self Defense Handgun Ammo

ERIKRICHARD
not why stupid people have been carrying it and lesser for years. Most of the "stupid" people you refer to haven't studied this data.

1st I don't like being called stupid. :mad: For 13 years I been on these boards and own 2 myself . Those tests and others show pretty much the same thing . What happens in real life Little bit different.
Ever been shot ? I have by something lot hotter than a pistol . A AK 47. Hurt like hell but I wasn't taken out of fight . poor shot placement saved me.:D

One night I had a guy that wanted my money in a parking garage. He had a knife. I had a Beretta 950BS 25 auto. Worked as good as a 44 mag. He saw GUN !! not caliber or size just GUN. . He became the Flash ...............gone.

Guess been a 380 he would have fell to ground and repented all his sins Right then. Today I carry a 380 a lot I am sure it will do what needed. . Not much crime in my present area.
People don't really want shot . Bullet will mean a hospital for most and that means Police .
I worked on a case in 1970's where a BG tried to rob a liquor store. Owner fired 7 rounds of 45acp 1911 Government 1st shot got cash register 5 got the BG and 1 miss. 3 of those were belly and chest 2 passed thru 1 shoulder and 1 leg graze. Ammo 230 ball. He ran out of store and kidnapped a customer pulling up . Before we got him in hospital . He had travel little around 20 miles to parents. Then father then took to hospital approx. 10 more miles . So much all fall to hardball .
Just after WWII I was little boy My father got in to a disagreement and was shot upper leg with 32 auto. Ended disagreement. He limped back in house and Doctor came Both kicked back a couple drinks from bottle and bullet removed . Wound treated and bandaged. They finished off the bottle as my mother told me. Sheriff arrested shooter but never served time.

My point is 25acp 32acp and 45 acp all solved the problem . Only thing a HP really does is expand and that means that shot now might hit that artery .
That the non HP would have missed . Plus bullet now likely to stay in body

Back