New 2019 Ruger LCRX 3" .357 mag

My wish list includes an LCR revolver, with concealed hammer, chambered in .327 Federal Magnum and having a 3" long barrel.

I wasn't talking about "roll your own/boutique ammo", I was referring to off the shelf mass consumption ammo.
It doesn't matter to HVR, that Buffalo Bore from the LCR is his go to carry load and if the day comes where he has to pay $5 a round for that ammo, he's going to pay it.

I agree with you tho, I do not take into account whatever is out there from the boutique ammo companies as it's not ammo I'm going to ever buy, not unless it's for a weaker caliber like .380 or .32.

I chose the . 357 for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I wanted the stainless frame for the additional weight which helped mitigate recoil. Secondly, I do eventually plan on switching to the .357 round. My only concern is over penetration... and, even if that wasn not in my plans, I like that the option is there should I ever decide I wanted to shoot a boxfull, whereas that option wouldn't be available if I owned only the .38 Special.

And lastly, I'm fully committed to the ARX round primarily because of its flutes.
The point of the ARX to me is increased terminal performance and tissue damage from a short barrel and consistent performance vs hollow points that may or may not expand from the same short barrel.

That's magic for a semi auto pistol in a caliber like .380 and maybe 9mm depending on other factors, but for a revolver where you can use wadcutters and semi wadcutters or even the exotic duplex load using two round balls, I fail to see where the 80 grain ARX bullet has an advantage.

The point of the ARX to me is increased terminal performance and tissue damage from a short barrel and consistent performance vs hollow points that may or may not expand from the same short barrel.

That's magic for a semi auto pistol in a caliber like .380 and maybe 9mm depending on other factors, but for a revolver where you can use wadcutters and semi wadcutters or even the exotic duplex load using two round balls, I fail to see where the 80 grain ARX bullet has an advantage.

Those two statements contradict one another.

Back