Never know whos there...

if you care about the females in your life
LOL, my girls carry all the time and have tasers as well. Medical gals, they leave the hospital late at nite, a few years ago some dirt bag was getting them in the underground garage, so they became armed and trained on how to use the equipment. Mom included.

Now I dont always carry, but they do. I also live out in the country so city type concerns are not ours. we have other concerns.

I made a joke see. The bag was a joke to make a person smile, I like to do that, make people smile. Doesnt seem to work on this forum tho.......

Yes, this is very sad. He worked in the same school system my wife works for (but she doesn't think she had ever met him). Police are being quiet about any suspected motives right now. They hauled away his car to check it over for any evidence.

From all local accounts he was a well liked man. My personal thought is that this was a mistaken identity hit.

The brief report doesn't make sense (not that any killing should). Here we have a middle aged history professor trained in martial arts who opens his door to strangers in masks. If he truly was a tae kaon do teacher, somehow his self protection instincts should have kicked in. And the level of education implies he logically would not open the door of his home to suspicious looking characters. Something fishy going on here. Too many details left out or unknown.

Here we have a middle aged history professor trained in martial arts who opens his door to strangers in masks. If he truly was a tae kaon do teacher, somehow his self protection instincts should have kicked in. And the level of education implies he logically would not open the door of his home to suspicious looking characters. Something fishy going on here. Too many details left out or unknown.

Education doesn't make you "logical" and knowing Taekwondo doesn't give you "self protection instincts".

99% of the general population does not expect any sort of trouble at all, ever. Knock on their door and they open it, often with out so much as glancing out a window first.

Education doesn't make you "logical" and knowing Taekwondo doesn't give you "self protection instincts".

99% of the general population does not expect any sort of trouble at all, ever. Knock on their door and they open it, often with out so much as glancing out a window first.

I understand what you're saying but still...

Ha Ha how right you are. I walked up (from the side) to my kids TKD instructor to say hi. I could have done whatever I wanted to him he was so oblivious to my presence.

Situational Awareness is very important even when answering the door.

What was in the bag? I don't understand......

Well all I can say is dont stomp out that fire :)

That guy should have invested in a small camera and recorder like I have now. I can tell who is in my driveway without getting up. Plenty of time to arm myself and prepare for the masked men.

Cost isnt to bad nowadays and these can come in a wireless type os mode. Put them anywhere.
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=898400

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=20222&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={keyword}&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PLA

http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=872

some as low as 20.00 no real reason not to use these.

Back