Never had this problem before.

That BSA collimator is the same as my Sweeney Site Align, its optical axis is parallel with the installed spud. Scopes then bore sighted to Infinity even if if its tilted.

The 140 grain eldm and rl 26 load is showing some promise. Just shot what looks like a .3-.4" 5 round group with it. I will measure it when I get home.

It's about time to put this rifle away for the day though. It is bitter cold and windy today and I still need to sight in my 6.5 PRC.

Amazing. Take a simple endeavor like shooting a gun, try to turn it into a science and everything falls apart. Absolutely amazing!

That 140 eldm load measured .473 outside to outside. So .209" center to center. Might be a fluke, but definitely worth looking into I think. Looks like only 3 identifiable holes, but I am certain all five are in there. There was clean paper behind all my targets and I was unable to find any other holes.

Yes, 20 MOA base and 100 yard zero. With this ammunition I have 41.75 MOA of Up adjustment. It would be really nice if I can find a 30 or 35 MOA base for this rifle. A 35 MOA base should give me around 57 MOA of up adjustment. And hopefully leave
That's about 24 MOA "used" by the 100 yd zero by your scope--which matches what my loopy uses on a 20 MOA mount.;)

Yeah I know right? Like I said could be a fluke, but I will definitely be looking into it. I did not have my chronograph with me, but if I had to guess I would say velocity should be 2750-2800 with that load.

Back